Pole dancing for fitness, strength and weight loss?

I just put up my pole in my lounge to start working out. Was wondering if there are any other beginner pole dancers that want to motivate each other by learning certain moves, routines, exercises and stuff. Like a long term buddy would be awesome! Before and after picture of when we sucked to when we become awesome etc.
Im:
32 years old
5'1 (155cm)
128lbs (58 kgs)
already quite flexible but have lost all my strength since starting a desk job a year ago.

Replies

• MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    My pole isn't up in my current condo but I'll say that when I was using it before I got some killer arm strength! Good luck with it, you'll have a blast!
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    I take a class and I LOVE it! Each time I go it gets easier and I learn something new to do with my body.

The moves work my core, arms, legs and it has made me more flexible and limber too. I can do the splits and backbends for the first time in my life.

Most importantly it helped me to become more confident in my new, fitter body. Plus I've made some awesome fitness buddies in my class!

Have fun!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    A pole fitness studio opened up right around the corner of my house.. I have been so curious to take a class. I am not flexible at all.. and while I lift and do yoga, my bodyweight strength isn't that great, but I am sure that will improve with time!
  • gymnastiksguy
    gymnastiksguy Posts: 1 Member
    I've been pole dancing about 2 years now - probably the best thing I've ever done for myself! I got so strong so fast, and it's made for some great memories. You're going to love it! Let me know if you ever have questions or want some advice on tricks and such; I've taught workshops in the past so I'll be more than happy to help out :-)
  • S1mburg3r
    S1mburg3r Posts: 11 Member
    I had a pole in my dining room. Not doing it anymore so I gave it away
  • eisterunicorn
    eisterunicorn Posts: 158 Member
    S1mburg3r wrote: »
    I had a pole in my dining room. Not doing it anymore so I gave it away

Fun fact :lol:
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    I've done that before. It's fun. It's not your whole workout, though; you should be doing cardio and weights too.