Protein shakes (meal replacements)

Options
Hello, so I work 2 jobs and don't really have much down time to eat. Lately I have been subing breakfast first snack and lunch with "body fortress" protein shakes in a can, they are no longer available what do you recommend for premade protein shakes?

Replies

• charlieaulert
    charlieaulert Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hello, so I work 2 jobs and don't really have much down time to eat. Lately I have been subing breakfast first snack and lunch with "body fortress" protein shakes in a can, they are no longer available what do you recommend for premade protein shakes?

Quickest and easiest way is to buy protein powder and then possibly add ingredients to your shakes.

I used to have a scoop of banana whey protein, a hand full of blueberries and a banana mixed up in a blender with almond milk... AMAZING.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    What does your store sell when it comes to ready-made? Pure protein is affordable and not bad. I do not like slim fast because it has too much sugar for my taste (and not enough protein).
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Most protein shakes are not designed to replace a meal. They don't provide enough nutrients and micronutrients to replace a balanced meal of veggies/protein.

Wake up earlier and/or meal prep.
  • julesEMS2016
    julesEMS2016 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I use Labrada lean body whey protein isolate powder mixed with almond milk for breakfast most days. I also use Shakeology for lunch if I'm really on the go. It is expensive, but well worth it for me.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    All shakeology is a protein shake with added powdered multivitamin in it.
  • jamiefarnsworth453
    jamiefarnsworth453 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Most protein shakes are not designed to replace a meal. They don't provide enough nutrients and micronutrients to replace a balanced meal of veggies/protein.

Wake up earlier and/or meal prep.

Unfortunately waking up earlier is not something I should do my current schedule looks like this
    Wake up 530 am
    At first job 600 am
    Leave work 200 pm
    Get to second job 245 pm
    Leave second job 9pm
    Some days go to gym 930pm
    Bed usually after cleaning etc. 1145pm

I am currently in a deficit and the protein shakes work well most of the time I switched to pure protien. Please note on Sundays if I have the time I do try to meal prep for the rest of the week though.

And thank-you for your input I do appreciate it
  • jamiefarnsworth453
    jamiefarnsworth453 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    What does your store sell when it comes to ready-made? Pure protein is affordable and not bad. I do not like slim fast because it has too much sugar for my taste (and not enough protein).

I want to thank you for answering directly. I went with your recommendation and I'm happy with it
    Thank you again i appreciate your input
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Do you mean that you want something in a can or bottle that you can just stick in the fridge? Would a powder you mix with water be ok? I used to buy the store brand equivalent of slimfast shakes in a can and really liked the chocolate flavor. I tried the slimfast in a plastic bottle--couldn't drink it. Now I mix a protein powder with a whole meal powder and coffee for a morning shake. I use a blender and ice, but it would also work in a shaker/blender bottle.

I also like bars (Quest, Kirkland's, Luna protein, rxbar) along with a coffee for breakfast.