Chinese

Options
Im wanting a Chinese tonight with the Hubby.
But What meals are lowest in calories.

Replies

• SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    Get the steamed veggies. I usually add chicken or shrimp to mine. Avoid anything fried or sauced. And see if you can get brown rice rather than white.
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Can't help you there:ohwell: everything Chinese that I would love to eat is high sodium...I love Pork Fried rice and Chicken Lettuce wraps...When I checked the restaurants nutritional value...I realized I was eating 2 servings each. :noway: ..I will go back on a "treat" day...:laugh:
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    I get steamed rice instead of fried ric. And I get the garlic chicken. It depends on the place, but where I get it, they put lots of broccoli in it. When I go to Panda Express, I get the steamed rice and broccoli and beef and it's only 570 calories and the sodium is low concidering its chinese, because the steamed rice has 0 sodium.
  • shanmont
    shanmont Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I just skip the rice all together, I usually get chicken and broccoli and get the sauce on the side.....that way if I wanna dip my fork like salad dressing for the taste, I can.
  • shanmont
    shanmont Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    OH!! and I only ever eat just a portion of what I order.
  • MzTrapp
    MzTrapp Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I usually get the vegetable fried rice, it is awesome.
  • Star_xx
    Star_xx Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good question.

Are the noodles better than the rice do you think? (Dont really like rice)

I usually have noodles (just plain soft ones no bean sprouts or onions) with a salted chilli chicken and a little tub of curry sauce ...be interesting to find out just how many calories that was :)

Star xx
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    It is all bad stuff. I would enjoy what you want but make sure you add to your work out. I would add a 350cal burn to today and tomorrow and drink extra water. Enjoy you guilty pleasures responsibly.:bigsmile: