Feet falling asleep?

Anybody else have issues with feet, or more like toes, falling asleep while using an ellipitical? I have tried moving my feet around, wearing several different pairs of shoes.....not sure what else to do.

Replies

• lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    I have this issue sometimes too. It sometimes happens while I'm on the elliptical and while I'm on the recumbent bike. I haven't been able to figure out what the problem is either.
  • ErinMichelle31
    ErinMichelle31 Posts: 29 Member
    I have that problem too! I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I was starting to think I had a circulation problem or something. I know that I walk funny--I always wear my shoes out in weird places. Maybe it's something to do with that?
  • bootyful79
    bootyful79 Posts: 16 Member
    I have had that problem as well. Sometimes skipping eyes in my shoes helps loosen the laces and it sometimes work. Not sure why it happens though, maybe from swelling as you workout.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,727 Member
    For ME; It seems related to shoes, and possibly glute or hip engagement.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,908 Member
    There's a nerve that runs just under the ball of your foot. When you put pressure on it for a long enough time, your foot will fall asleep. It's because unlike walking or jogging, your foot doesn't leave the pedal. Adjusting your feet every once in awhile can help prevent this. Many times, I'll just shift the weight to my heels for a couple of minutes IF I do the elliptical.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    It happened to me when I used to use the Elliptical and the ARC Trainer. I would wiggle my toes and readjust my foot periodically during my workout.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Yep, and it doesn't matter what shoes or how tight or loose, nor does shifting my stance. It starts in my big toes and spreads through the balls of my feet if I am on long enough.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,727 Member
    For me it's definitely intermittent, Some weeks, I'll do 5 hours aggregate, and nothing, other weeks 3 days in the row, or just one day.
  • thehonestdoubter
    thehonestdoubter Posts: 3 Member
    It happens to me occasionally. I peddle backwards for a while and I usually get some relief that way.
  • jayyb9
    jayyb9 Posts: 67 Member
    I have this issue when i sit in the toilet for too long
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    I had this problem.. two things helped me.

-changed to New Balance shoes that were fitted to me

-mine started around thirty minutes, so I stop the cardio, go to lifting and go back to cardio after if I ever have the problem...since shoes, much better
  • bruby28
    bruby28 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Same , just on left foot . Got some great shoes to help with my pronation and has improved a lot . I also change it up in the elliptical , move feet around to the back or sides ..pedal backwards for 1 min intervals ..more weight to heals ..and focus on using your thighs and glutes more than yiur feet etc