Looking for friends to motivate me and help keep me on track. I'd like to loose about 85lbs.

Options
fatguy_fitness
fatguy_fitness Posts: 195 Member
edited July 2017 in Introduce Yourself
I've been on MFP for 5+ years mostly for food logging, but I think the time has come to ask for some outside motivation and to make some friends on here. I don't have much support/motivation from friends and family unfortunately, so I figured this was worth a shot.

I'm 37 and have been obese my whole life. I'm 6'2" and my "default" weight seems to be around 325 if I eat what I want, but has been as high as 350+ in my early 20's. 4 years ago I got as low as 285 over the course of a year, but fell hard off the wagon and jumped up to 330. My health is relatively good as far as blood work goes. I have low cholesterol and triglycerides, low blood glucose and low blood pressure (on meds for that). I'm not getting any younger though and I feel like I'm on borrowed time with the good health considering my weight. Now is the time to act!

Right now I'm at 311 and on the down-slope thanks to eating clean. I also started the Couch to 5k program again after successfully doing it about 5 years ago. My ultimate goal is 225.

So that's my story, feel free to send me a friend request and keep me on track and I'll do the same. Thanks!

Replies

• mlcase61
    mlcase61 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm alone too. Even though my spouse could stand to lose a great deal of weight. The family orders pizza and I have salad. My in laws have at least 1 gathering a month that revolves around eating. I have quit attending. I have lost 48 pounds this year and feel that I have fought for every one of them. I plan to lose 61 more by June 2018. I definitely could use a support group.
  • RonPrague
    RonPrague Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit older than you, but our body type seems about the same. Look for my friend request! You can do this.
  • ireallylikemuffins
    ireallylikemuffins Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I've added you! Anyone else in the thread can feel free to add me, too. :-)
  • Panhandleguy
    Panhandleguy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for an online motivation friend to do this journey with. I have a long long way to go as I've just started this thing they call healthy living. Currently at 355 hope to get to 240 someday. Please send friend request as I don't know how to.
  • Troubleshoot_230
    Troubleshoot_230 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same here, I am 232lbs and looking to lose 60 lbs by end of Dec anyone who would love to be my buddy for this journey to motivate each other and embark on a journey.. let me know please send frien request
  • naytk
    naytk Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm in a similar situation. I've been working on a goal of 200lbs. I started at 250lbs 3 months ago and am at 228 today. I'm also working on the couch to 5k (day 3 week 1 now, in addition to better eating, bodyweight and dumbbell work.
  • shadyj26
    shadyj26 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    You can add me!
  • JenRoz60
    JenRoz60 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been up and down my whole life (I will be 60 in March). I was at my ideal weight a few years back however with a knee problem that flared up and achilles tendonitis my workout schedule got way off track. I now want to lose about 60 lbs. I am back at it albeit slowing but luckily I am building up my endurance again slowly but surely. It is definitely a process...Patience is a virtue.