24 Day Advocare Challenge

Options
I had been "sorta" kinda doing good with my weight loss ( if that makes any sense) until the 2 last years. After taking care of a family member, I just started the emotional eatting packing back on some pounds, then in November, that person past away so I've been emotionally eatting since with a 30 lb. weight gain. A total of 50 lb weight gain in 2 years & I feel every ounce.
Today I stated the Advocare 24 Day Challenge, hoping this will jump start my weight loss goals & get me back motivated into a exercise routine.
Has anyone ever done the 24 Day Challenge?

Replies

• KevHex
    KevHex Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    You really don't need to do the 24 day program to get results, but I hope it helps start life long changes for you. The MFP users tend to be a group that follow CI<CO to get results and this definitely works. :-)
  • 2DUNNY
    2DUNNY Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    i did it and i lost some, but i can't remember how much, and i also gained it back. it was VERY hard on my digestive system.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    When you say "challenge" does that mean IF it doesn't work, you get your money back? Or even better.

You only pay at the end of the challenge if it works?
  • MilesAddie
    MilesAddie Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    You're not going to get much empathy with cleanses and challenges, especially ones that cost money, from the majority of users on this site. And for the most part, they are usually right.

Having said that, I will say that I did lose weight during the advocare 24 day challenge. BUT, if you read through the pamphlet that comes with it, you are supposed to eat pretty 'clean' as well. For me, this required making a few changes to my diet at the time, so it may have just been those tweaks that caused the weight loss. But if those 24 days provide you with enough drive, placebo effect or not, to implement new dietary changes into your life, than it's worth the money, in my opinion only.

There are some weird restrictions, like no coffee, that are pretty tough to get used to. At least there was when I did it, which was back in 2013.

I liked "Spark", the pre-workout drink that comes with it. I still use it to this day. It's loaded with BCAA, like 10 cals, tastes great, good energy. No jitters.

Anyway, my two cents.
  • twylight48
    twylight48 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I tried Advocate also, I did lose weight, but found that when I ran out of Spark my drive was gone, why pay that much for something that give you a burst of energy that for me I can get by just going for a walk
  • Nbaker0909
    Nbaker0909 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I did the challenge and loved it! I kept all the weight and inches off. It taught me to eat a lot better and get more creative with how I prepared my ingredients. My only advice is to also track your food on this app too. I continued to follow the eating guides after the challenge without buying any more products. I plateaued at one mount, started tracking more carefully and realized I wasn't eating enough calories. Feel free to add me if you have any questions or just want some support/motivation. Best of luck!