I hate my co-worker because...

Options
shenanigans_
shenanigans_ Posts: 457 Member

The guy directly behind me types like a psycho. He literally pounds on his keyboard.
The first day I worked here I thought maybe he was doing it to be funny but nope. Reminds me of Rowlf the Dog from the Muppets but way less cute.

Replies

• bootyful79
    bootyful79 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    The guy directly behind me types like a psycho. He literally pounds on his keyboard.
    The first day I worked here I thought maybe he was doing it to be funny but nope. Reminds me of Rowlf the Dog from the Muppets but way less cute.

The guy that sits next to me is a angry typer as well. He also eats at his desk and has food-gasms.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Jesus, you know Steve????

Jesus knows Steve. Not sure about Mohammad. You may want to ask him.
  • mellecita
    mellecita Posts: 6,189 Member
    Options
    She never emails me directly, even if it's a project that I'm working on. She always emails the information I need to my supervisor, who then has to forward it to me.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    She talks to herself and slams things around when she is upset Her shaking her head back and forth. "I know, I know, I know." She is answering her own thoughts out loud and does not even know it. OMG every fing day.
  • patrick_star_trek
    patrick_star_trek Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I literally had to ask to relocate my desk because of this guy. Insanely loud typing and talking.

Just a general douche canoe.
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    She is well past retirement age & hasn't been healthy enough to effectively do her job in 2-3 years! Constantly "out" causing the supervisor to cover & be unavailable for any other needs. And, when she is at work, the supervisor spends multiple days per week with her, so as to "not wear her out". She has missed up to 9 consecutive weeks, causing me & another nurse to have to cancel previously planned & approved time off/vacations!
  • murph155
    murph155 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    • She has an extremely annoying voice, which I hear constantly because she talks to herself, out loud, all freakin' day;
    • She's constantly telling me I didn't give her something (which I know I did), makes a big deal out of it, then never says anything when she finds it.
    • Never bothers to look into anything or try to find answers about anything; just asks me! Like it's my job. She's been here long enough to know where to look, but just doesn't bother.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    She chomps on kettle chips with her mouth open.
  • Drea_h85
    Drea_h85 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    There idiots. They are fake and are always in my biz. Don't got my back in the shop and alway talking *kitten* about other stylist to there clients only sweet talk me when they have a client that's difficult and want to dump them on me.
  • shenanigans_
    shenanigans_ Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Co-worker to the right yawns constantly, cracks his knuckles and chews with his mouth open.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    bootyful79 wrote: »

The guy that sits next to me is a angry typer as well. He also eats at his desk and has food-gasms.

this is all me I am a harder typer (heavy handed) and heavy foot lol and also eat at my desk I try not to eat stinky foods, like seafood or burritos lol
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options

Tell him to post asmr videos on youchoob. The sound of typing makes me tingly.
  • Lonestar5715
    Lonestar5715 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I have a coworker who babbles to herself in an "outside" voice as she walks the halls and always seems about near a panic attack for something on which she is behind schedule.
  • bootyful79
    Options
    gmikesell wrote: »
    Dang, I'm one of those typers. I learned to type on an old 1950's era manual typewriter and actually used to do typing competitions with it. Over time we now have these chicklet style keyboards and I typically go through a keyboard every other year or so. Still trying to get used to these light plastic keyboards. Luckily, I work from home so I was able to find a great keyboard that can stand up to my pounding but still tricky when I'm on conference calls. Regularly get requests to mute. So, on behalf of all the board pounders out there, I apologize, especially if I've recently taken pre-workout! Don't worry, it'll wear off soon I think. lol

lol At least you admit it!
  • bootyful79
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »

this is all me I am a harder typer (heavy handed) and heavy foot lol and also eat at my desk I try not to eat stinky foods, like seafood or burritos lol

I don't mind that he eats at his desk but the lip smacking and 'MMMMMM"s and "Oh man"s are a bit over the top and sometimes awkward.
  • caco_ethes
    Options

I don't mind that he eats at his desk but the lip smacking and 'MMMMMM"s and "Oh man"s are a bit over the top and sometimes awkward.

Next time this happens just try to remind yourself that people in Ethiopia haven't eaten since like 1984. Before long you'll be making the same noises!
  • caco_ethes
    Options

Next time this happens just try to remind yourself that people in Ethiopia haven't eaten since like 1984. Before long you'll be making the same noises!

Or just do it right back at him. Just turn your chair to face him and stare him in the eyes while eating your food. No blinking.

A little lizard tongue action on the food intensifies the awkwardness. I've heard.