Hoping for success and support this time around

Options
Hi everyone, I really need to get motivated and a kick up the backside as need to loose at least 2 1/2 stone. I'm not a very good cook so eat out a lot which is the major factor in my weight gain, as I work long shifts and too tired to start cooking once I get home. If anyone has any advice or recipes they would like to share I would greatly appreciate it, as I want to achieve my goal this time and make a life style change

Replies

• AdmireDeVoll
    AdmireDeVoll Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Fast food puts the weight on fast! I have this problem too but personally once I got through a a few days of cooking at home, the cravings for junk went away. I have a bad habit of losing and gaining back the same 20-35 pounds year after year. I'll send you an add, i have my diary open if you want to get easy simple meal ideas off that. Because I'm also not a good cook and lazy when it comes to cooking
  • mariafast7862
    mariafast7862 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Wii_Player wrote: »
    Welcome! You can cook meals on days off and freeze them in portions or make meals in a slow cooker, so that when you get home, dinner is ready.

That's what I was going to say
  • Suzzieheanan
    Suzzieheanan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you for replying and for the great advice it's much appreciated
  • juliette_580
    juliette_580 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My Nutritioniste ask me to cook without oil and when turning off the fire add 1 spoon of coffee olive oil. It gives flavor and don't forget to use spice. Good luck
  • Djakes57
    Djakes57 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I will admit that I'm an American and had to look up how much a stone is, but now that I have, you have set a great goal for yourself. I struggle with a smaller amount of weight that I want to lose (about 15 lbs) but we all have to do the same things for weight loss. I don't like to cook much and my strategy is to keep a variety of lower calories snacks around so when I get a craving, I can actually have something without ruining a whole day of success. Things I keep are Greek yogurt, apples, bananas, granola bars, flavored sparkling water, etc. I wish you all the best!
  • Suzzieheanan
    Suzzieheanan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your advise, I'm just off shopping now so will get stocked up