Anyone have a Fitbit?

Options
Anyone have or heard of a fitbit? I want something that will keep track of calories burned, and have so many mixed reviews about HRM, and sweat, reading right, ect.. If I'm gonna pay that much for one, the fitbit looks like a good option. Just wondering if anyone has experience with it. Thanks!! :smile:

Replies

• LeeLynnP
    LeeLynnP Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • shantie10
    shantie10 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Looks interesting! I would like to know how it works out for you. It is cheaper then the one on the biggest loser, which I though about getting...
  • mlnytrmn
    mlnytrmn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have not heard anything about Fitbit...I dind't even know it exsisted. I will go check it out though. I have looked into the Bodybugg and into Bodymedia - I have not heard anything good or bad about either. I do know with the Bodybugg you need to pay for the computer services, well the site that you use to download and keep track of your daily info. Sorry I couldn't be of help but, as I mentioned I will check it out. Thanks, Mel:happy:
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I have used a fitbit (before I lost the blasted thing!) I actually had it imported from the States but it still wroked out to be relatively inexpensive.

For tracking everyday activity and daily calorie expenditure I found it very useful and functional. I did not use it to track calorie expenditure from exercise (but then again I have never done that.) As far as I know it is not suitable for that purpose anyway.

I pretty much know my TDEE from an average week through many years of trial and error and the Fitbit numbers were remarkably in line with that. The software interface is functional and comes out with lost of useful charts to track progress.

All in all a positive experience.
  • evesacks
    evesacks Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I tried a bodybugg (borrowed from week from friend) and although it was fab to see calories used it was v expensive and website sevices needed as they don't give you the software. I would buy one in future if you not longer needed the web support.
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed with my fitbit! It is absolutely awesome, as it tracks my daily calorie burn, my exercise cals burned, and even my sleeping habits! It was actually recommended to me by my doc after I had a sleep trial done (I have severe insomnia) so I can start tracking my "actual" sleep but now I use it to track my exercise, steps, and activity levels each day, too! I highly recommend it!
  • chichi_76
    chichi_76 Posts: 30
    Options
    I ordered mine 2 days ago. Cannot WAIT to try it out.
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I ordered mine 2 days ago. Cannot WAIT to try it out.

You're gonna love it!
  • Millie77
    Millie77 Posts: 39
    Options
    Thanks for the responses!! I think I'm gonna go that route, rather than pay so much for a HRM. :happy: