I hate my co-worker because...

Options
2»

Replies

• nevadavis1
    nevadavis1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I love all my coworkers. But I think the loud typing thing is a habit that's hard to break. I had a boss who was constantly breaking his keyboard. My husband does hunt and peck method and it's like he's punching the keyboard.
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    They work 20 miles away at the office and I rarely ever hear from them... I hate th... Oh wait, I *kitten* love them because I don't have to talk to anyone but myself working from home.
  • LifeIs420
    LifeIs420 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    because he wont share the blunt and buy pizza
  • FireTurtle75
    Options
    For the record, I have massive hands & it sounds about as subtle as a grizzly bear trying to pick eggs out of a carton when I type. They don't make keyboards in my size... LOL
    Regrettably, I would probably be like this Steve guy if I was in your office.
  • amyteacake
    amyteacake Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I have 2 that I dislike.

The first is that he is so far up his own *kitten* he thinks he's great at everything and he's the first guy ever to be a dad with the way he talks about his daughter. He also hovers around you if he asks you to do something to make sure you do it and it really puts me off and pisses me off. His humour is childish as well.

The second is that she can be such a *kitten* sometimes with the way she treats people. Swearing, screaming, yelling, throwing things about. Doing it when customers can hear and threatening people with their jobs when they do something wrong that can easily be fixed. I've cried numerous times from the way she's spoken to me when I've forgotten to do something or haven't done it right because she hasn't shown me.
  • gmikesell
    gmikesell Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    They work 20 miles away at the office and I rarely ever hear from them... I hate th... Oh wait, I *kitten* love them because I don't have to talk to anyone but myself working from home.

I know what you mean! I work from home, too. I was going to post about hating my co-worker for preparing stinky food in the microwave and then realized I should probably lay off the Cumeric.
  • toned_thugs_n_harmony
    toned_thugs_n_harmony Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    LifeIs420 wrote: »
    because he wont share the blunt and buy pizza

Worse kind of coworker!
  • PWRLFTR1
    PWRLFTR1 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    severe passive aggressive. drives me effing insane because she thinks I don't know what she's doing.
  • FireTurtle75
    Options
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    My former boss used to make me come into his office and stand over his shoulder and watch him type up e-mails to clients. And sometimes he'd type a sentence he was really proud of, and he'd say, "right? right?" and I was supposed to say, "Oh, yes, that's perfect" and nod a lot as he typed along. Early on, I thought that surely he wanted me there to give him input, but it became clear after the few times that I tried to make suggestions that he did not appreciate that.

He was a hunt and peck typist, too, so it kind of took forever and he made a lot of typos. And if he saw a typo way, way back, he'd just tap the backspace key 8 million times to get to that place, correct his typo, and then re-type everything he'd just deleted.

Then, when he was finally done with his e-mail, he'd re-read it, aloud, using the voice inflection intended, along with hand gestures, sometimes (as if that would translate into the e-mail?) and always find a few places to edit, or he'd re-write something and ask my opinion, and of course I was supposed to say, "Oh, yes, that's much better. I agree." and then he'd re-read that sentence. Aloud.

Forget about the process of opening and re-reading every attachment.

Then, when he was finally satisfied with his work, and before he'd hit "send," he'd ask me, "Is that a weiner?" (Meaning "winner." Funny guy.)

It could take an hour and a half sometimes to type up a 2-paragraph e-mail. It was torture.

There is no *kitten* button on here to go with that level of torture. Woo button is not worthy, insightful button is not insightful enough & there's no *kitten* way to consider it awesome, much less to like it.
    That had to be one *kitten* job.
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Where do I start... Sigh!

Well, this is just today. Most of the time, this coworker tells me "It is your job; you are the boss". Now, we were nominated for some award and today it occurs to me

Me- "hey, wait. The award ceremony is today and they never got back to us on logistics".
    He says "Oh, they sent us a ticket. I didn't tell you? I even posted about it"
    Me - (assuming he posted something on our social media page which I manage and I somehow missed it) "Where did you post it?"
    Him-"On my personal wall".

You'd have to grab the popcorn for the previous 6 months. Believe me you don't have enough calories saved for that.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    My former boss used to make me come into his office and stand over his shoulder and watch him type up e-mails to clients. And sometimes he'd type a sentence he was really proud of, and he'd say, "right? right?" and I was supposed to say, "Oh, yes, that's perfect" and nod a lot as he typed along. Early on, I thought that surely he wanted me there to give him input, but it became clear after the few times that I tried to make suggestions that he did not appreciate that.

He was a hunt and peck typist, too, so it kind of took forever and he made a lot of typos. And if he saw a typo way, way back, he'd just tap the backspace key 8 million times to get to that place, correct his typo, and then re-type everything he'd just deleted.

Then, when he was finally done with his e-mail, he'd re-read it, aloud, using the voice inflection intended, along with hand gestures, sometimes (as if that would translate into the e-mail?) and always find a few places to edit, or he'd re-write something and ask my opinion, and of course I was supposed to say, "Oh, yes, that's much better. I agree." and then he'd re-read that sentence. Aloud.

Forget about the process of opening and re-reading every attachment.

Then, when he was finally satisfied with his work, and before he'd hit "send," he'd ask me, "Is that a weiner?" (Meaning "winner." Funny guy.)

It could take an hour and a half sometimes to type up a 2-paragraph e-mail. It was torture.

There is no *kitten* button on here to go with that level of torture. Woo button is not worthy, insightful button is not insightful enough & there's no *kitten* way to consider it awesome, much less to like it.
    That had to be one *kitten* job.

Indeed. I was a really, really young associate at the time, and I think he thought he was mentoring me. He was an all-around weird dude, and I got the heck out of that department (for various other reasons) as fast as I could.
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    I hate all of my coworkers, I work alone
  • BattleRopes
    BattleRopes Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I love all of my co-workers. Every single one of them.

They all've a MFP account, don't they? :#
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Co-worker 1, breaks wind like a trooper by bending over and lifting up his leg and giggles like a little girl each time. Disgusting. I bet he does not wash his hands after going to the toilet too. Just go to the bathroom dude!

Co-worker 2, cannot shut up about his personal life. I want to move desks. I know all about his personal life, his psycho girlfriend, his in-grown toe nails, the suspected STD, his hairy back, how his band is doing, what conditioner he is using. He is not even on my team, he just speaks far too loud, all the time! He also drums loudly on his desk, and taps with his feet, and is not even in tune with himself. He spends all day on Facebook and various wrestling sites, and somehow he gets away with doing bugger all.

Co-worker 3, constantly talks to himself. He even answers his own questions in a slightly different voice. It is weird!
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Drea_h85 wrote: »
    There idiots.

tenor.gif

It's missing comma in the middle
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    amyteacake wrote: »
    I have 2 that I dislike.

The second is that she can be such a *kitten* sometimes with the way she treats people. Swearing, screaming, yelling, throwing things about. Doing it when customers can hear and threatening people with their jobs when they do something wrong that can easily be fixed. I've cried numerous times from the way she's spoken to me when I've forgotten to do something or haven't done it right because she hasn't shown me.
    You shouldn't have to put up with this, it's bullying. Stay strong.

One colleague wears a heavy bangle which bangs on the desk when she types. She also lifts the mouse and bangs it down to reposition it - change the dang mouse speed would you so you stop running of space and having to reposition it.

Another colleague refuses to communicate with me - she never responds when I say good morning etc. I try to set a good example by telling her when I'm away from my office in case someone looks for me, but she never ever reciprocates. I know she's an introvert but have some manners! I've decided she can get stuffed I'll treat her the same way she treats me. She winds me up no end.

• akcarter1968
    akcarter1968 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Guy in office directly behind my desk used to hock loogies into his trashcan.....I could hear it hit the bottom of the can. Man he really had some volume and force behind those snot rockets! So so grody! And he wore cowboy boots with his suitpants. I just couldn't handle that guy....