Fitbit calculatations

Options
I wear a Fitbit for capturing everyday walking, but I swap it out for my Garmin when I am running.
Today I walked 12,000 and was given 400 calories, but when I uploaded my run those calories disappeared.
My guess is that it assumes the steps were part of the run so recalculated my exercise calories, but I don't know how to correct my diary so I get credit for what I have done.
For what it is worth, I don't have negative adjustments enabled.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Replies

• potatowhoruns
    potatowhoruns Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Never mind - I think I have sorted it. I deleted the Garmin entry and manually added it and now it is back to normal.
    Still not totally sure what happened but glad it's resolved
  • laurenlmt
    laurenlmt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have the Alta HR I hate it... I actually bought a chest strap and compared wearing both. Fitbit was off by like 100 Kcal. Half the time when I looked it said my heart rate was way lower then I know it was. I am not sure which one you have but I dont trust mine at all I bought a polar hr monitor I use just for work outs thats a chest strap. I use the fitbit for sleep and steps.. thats just my experience
  • laurenlmt
    laurenlmt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I dont sync my fitbit to automatically adjust.
  • potatowhoruns
    potatowhoruns Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have the charge and I really like it.
    A lot of people on here say the exercise calories are incorrect but I tend not to eat them all back anyway.
    I have never used a heart rate monitor.
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Options
    I have the Alta HR and really like it. I bought it specifically to track my heart rate as I have a heart rate problem. It has been within 2 of the rate measured at the doctor's office and has agreed or has been within a similar close number when checked against an oximeter or blood pressure cuff reading at home. I periodically check once a week to see how close they are agreeing. The sleep stage function is also great.