A bit rude, but I'll take it

Options
jdm0804
jdm0804 Posts: 98 Member
I was walking into work today, and one of the ladies on the night crew (I work in a hospital) said "Wow you've lost so much weight! What are you using?" And I told her about MFP, and she said "Weight is ugly, but now you look really good!"

Thanks....I guess? The spirit was there, and I'm grateful for the compliment, as backhanded as it felt!

Replies

• HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    lol at least you know she's being honest with her opinion! haha! Congrats on your progress!
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    It is generally accepted that weight is ugly. Some people are just more rude about it. I typically get two or three nasty comments sent my way during a workout or run and have most of my life (and I'm only about 25 lbs overweight)
  • dusk1977
    dusk1977 Posts: 295
    Options
    :laugh: a compliment a suppose, the last time I lost a lot of weight one of my work mates said who would have believed there was a beautiful person under that fat!!!!! Again sort of a compliment, well done on your weightloss so far :drinker:
  • Mateo1985
    Mateo1985 Posts: 153
    Options
    No come on... It is a compliment!!! You did a good job. People notice!!! hahahahah so congrats on doing a good job!!!
  • dittiepe
    dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Wow she has no mental filter, does she? LOL It is a compliment, for sure. Even if it's a funky one. Hehe Congrats to you!
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    It would of been better if she said weight is worse for you health, Congrats on the weight loss!!!:smile:
  • laureneva15
    laureneva15 Posts: 280
    Options
    i'd just try to take it as a compliment, if she calls you ugly again then you have my permission to slap her one ;P
  • notebelow
    notebelow Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    She didn't say you were ugly before just that the weight wasn't doing you any favours. Its a great way to show you've done good, else no one would have noticed! Well done.
  • babynurse123
    babynurse123 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Peple can be so rude and cruel. We don't want to be this was, and at least we are working on it. Only people like me who have been overweight their entire life know how the world can be. But smile, you are doing wonderful! keep up the good work. God bless you.
  • jdm0804
    jdm0804 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    She really did mean well. But yes, no filter there lol. She walked off talking with someone else about how she wants to lose some weight. I walked into work smiling and laughing at the way she said it. I thought it was hilarious!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    ugh! i would not like that at all! :\
  • mrstotal180
    mrstotal180 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Take it as a compliment from an opinionated person! Just like too much weight can be ugly to some people, being too skinny can be ugly as well! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You are much more healthy now, looking good is just one of the perks!!!:happy:
  • JoBFit
    JoBFit Posts: 81
    Options
    She was probably wondering what to say... Then she said it and it came out like that! I am sure she meant well!
    Take it as a compliment- I would because I don't get many lol!!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    "What are you using?"

Did she really say that? Not "what are you doing?" Using sounds like you're taking some kind of pill to help you lose weight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!