Gym shy?

Options
Am I the only one that struggles to work out in a gym? Don't know if I get shy or embarrassed or what..

Replies

• fjmartini
    fjmartini Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    Everyone's there to do the same thing. You should be proud of yourself for wanting to get in or stay in shape.
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I found it daunting at first too but got a trainer to show me round and do a plan for me. I'm confident on the machines that I know well but still shy away from machines I haven't used before and tend to find a quiet space somewhere rather than work out in front of people. I find headphones help me get into the zone and work hard. Definitely gets easier and you'll find your rhythm and hopefully learn to enjoy it.
  • bruby28
    bruby28 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    At first yes . I found trying a new machine or working out in a different area each time helps . There's an area of my gym where the big bodybuilder type guys hang out , I always feel weird going over there , especially just to grab the 5 lb dumbell lol
  • c4ski
    c4ski Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I joined my local gym yesterday (online) and had my first visit today....did 30 mins on the bike then bottled it!! I wanted to try some of the weights machines but was too shy. Don't know why I have such a mental block - I hate it!!
  • moumallick6
    moumallick6 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    it's my personal view. if you are shy to get in shape in the gym, why don't you try it in your home? YOga simple poses half an hour. It makes not only fit but also flexible... If you want I can share you some basic yoga poses that help you to start...