Fat burning exercise??

Options
Any suggestions? I want to lose a stone in a few months
I'm a healthy eater but I don't exercise. I've began using Alli to help me a little.

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Walk a lot and eat less.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Weight loss comes from how many calories you eat compared to how many your body needs. You say you are a "healthy eater", but do you track your calories and weight your food? That will have a far bigger impact on weight loss than exercise. You can easily negate exercise calorie burns with a snack. Focus on the food part and just do exercise you enjoy.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Fat loss is all about creating and sustaining an energy deficit...
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Exercise doesn't burn fat, it burns calories. Where those calories come from will vary based on a number of factors. But generally speaking, any exercise will burn cals. The harder you work and the longer you work, the more calories you'll burn.

Ultimately though, you'll have to make sure your diet/intake (number of calories consumed) is in check. Otherwise, exercise probably won't make much difference for weight loss.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I give myself from 8 am in to 6 pm to eat.that way im doing a 14 hour fast over night while im sleeping. It takes 8 hours to digest a meal. After your body digests the calories from the last meal it will then turn to your fat stores for energy.;) its easy and can help burn extra calories.

LOL. So much wrong here.

OP: weigh all solid and semi solid foods and measure all liquids. Count every calorie you ingest and make sure you ingest fewer calories than you burn and you will lose weight. Do resistance/weight bearing exercises to work your muscles and retain lean body mass and you will lose fat.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    I give myself from 8 am in to 6 pm to eat.that way im doing a 14 hour fast over night while im sleeping. It takes 8 hours to digest a meal. After your body digests the calories from the last meal it will then turn to your fat stores for energy.;) its easy and can help burn extra calories.

Unfortunately, if within your 10 hour eating window you go over maintenance calories, you won't burn anything...
  • dieselbyte
    dieselbyte Posts: 733 Member
    Options

So I can eat anything and everything I want, no matter the caloric intake, and as long as I fast for 14 hours I'll burn fat?? Guess I've been doing it wrong all this time...
  • Grnhouse
    Grnhouse Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »

Can you explain energy deficit?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Grnhouse wrote: »
    J72FIT wrote: »

Can you explain energy deficit?

@Grnhouse Your body needs a certain amount of energy (calories) every day to keep you alive. Eating less calories than that is an energy deficit and that's what causes weight loss.

The amount of calories you need in a day is made up of your BMR (this includes brain function, breathing, heart beating, and basic maintenance), your non exercise activity (driving, watching TV, working, cooking, basic house cleaning) and your exercise activity.
  • Grnhouse
    Grnhouse Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Thxs.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    Options
    getfitpixi wrote: »
    Any suggestions? I want to lose a stone in a few months
    I'm a healthy eater but I don't exercise. I've began using Alli to help me a little.

If you want to burn a few more calories do whatever exercise appeals to you ... dance, hike, walk, swim, canoe, cycle ... whatever you like.