It's all about the Jeans!

Options
bethie624
bethie624 Posts: 16 Member
My favorite jeans throughout high school and college were Silver jeans. I loved them and owned many different pairs.

A couple years ago I was having a fat day and cleaning out my closet. I had a few garbage bags full of clothes I never dreamed of fitting in again. They were thrown out in the garage and taken to Goodwill. Well my husband and I were cleaning out our garage yesterday and we found a garbage bag with jeans in it. We forgot to take one of the bags to Goodwill with us.

I was feeling good after losing over 40 pounds so I brought the bag inside and proceeded to try on all of my old Silver Jeans. Every pair fit me again!!! :bigsmile:

Just a little something to keep me motivated to stay healthy and keep up the calorie counting!

**Share the little things that keep you motivated**

Replies

• alisonwww
    alisonwww Posts: 104
    Options
    That's cool! I have some in a cedar chest I hope to open some day!

Great job!
  • tashacan
    tashacan Posts: 121
    Options
    That is an awesome NSV!!!!!
  • emmaNEEDSskinny
    Options
    something that keeps me motivated is knowing i will get there one day
  • northernlights907
    Options
    Thats soo funny! I still have my silver jeans from high school (6 years ago) and I just took them out of a storage bin yesterday, they are def my goal jeans! Love love my silver jeans!!
  • acamc
    acamc Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of very sexy jeans from Express about a year and a half ago...hoping to lose 15 lbs and get into them. Well, now I need to lose about 40, and I WILL get into them. The tags are still on them, I set them right in front of my elliptical as a reminder to workout even harder to get into those babies!!! Congrats, what a great feeling!
  • rmancha
    rmancha Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I agree with you it is all about the jeans! I have always worn Levi's and for the longest time I wore 12's last time I went to buy jeans I just grabbed a pair size 12. When I got home I was at tears when I realized that they wouldn't even go up my thighs! I decided not to return them I kept them and went and bought a pair that fit, it was a size 16! This is when I took action, a couple of months later I was able to buy a size 14. Every once in a while I would try on the size 12 and sad that I couldn't fit in. Then one day out of no were when I was changing I took out the size 12's and they fit! I almost cried...I think I did actually, now I am thinking if I should buy a size 10....hmmm possibly.
  • beaglenutty
    beaglenutty Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Thats great! I think we all have those jeans we want to fit into. For me its my levis cutoff jeans.
  • kheavin0928
    kheavin0928 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yay! What a great feeling! Congrats!
  • KristensMom314
    KristensMom314 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    So the question is: are you going to wear them all the time now?
  • HeatherYevette
    HeatherYevette Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    That is the best thing I've heard all day. Good for you!! :D
  • SuperMoniMonk
    SuperMoniMonk Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I love the Jeans Test ! Congrats ! I got about 8 pairs ...3 of them already fit ..the others will soon
    !! =D
  • CandyJ9
    CandyJ9 Posts: 38
    Options
    Congrats! I did the same thing--donated 5 bags of clothes to Goodwill recently with the exception of my favorite pair of jeans from American Eagle I used to wear in high school. Couldn't bear to part with them and there they sit in the closet, waiting for me. Size 6, I'm coming for you.
  • britneylauren
    Options
    that's awesome! There's nothing like fitting into your old jeans! Thanks for the extra motivation! I can't wait to fit into mine.
  • beccau_20
    beccau_20 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. I have a pair of Lucky Brand Jeans, hanging on my mirror... and I am waiting for that day!
  • bethie624
    bethie624 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    So the question is: are you going to wear them all the time now?

Of course!!! :love: Wishing it wasn't 88 degrees today because I would be rocking them!
  • shellgoff
    shellgoff Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!!! Good fro you ! And great to have a bunhc of pairs of "new' jeans!

I have 1 pair of jean capris hanging in my closet that Im determined to fit into! I keep trying them on and can now button/zip them....but they are still snug! Few more pounds and I'll be golden!!! Cant wait to get there!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I have a pair of pin stripe sailor style dress pants that I want desperately to fit...even if they're 10 years old and still have the tags on them, and are outdated, they will fit me this fall damn it!
  • newashley
    newashley Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    thants So awesome!!! Congrats!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!