Very good foods graphic for beginners -- and all of us

ZoneFive
ZoneFive Posts: 570 Member
edited July 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
From the LeanMinded blog, by way of James Fell.

o0fidjmv5jms.png

Replies

• jennyleeaudus
    jennyleeaudus Posts: 6 Member
    Lol. Starburst and Skittles. This is actually a very good visual.
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    "most delicious foods"? I think I know what they mean, but that's pretty subjective, don't you think?

Decent graphic otherwise.
  • RosieRose7673
    RosieRose7673 Posts: 438 Member
    Beef jerky definitely doesn't fall into the carbs and protein category. No way does it belong in the same category as pasta and quinoa. I guess unless you're buying the extremely sweet beef jerky or something.

My family makes our own beef jerky and simple put whatever spices sound good and then put it all in the dehydrator. A lot of beef jerky is literally just beef. So it would fit more in protein and fat if you want to be technical.

I have no idea why I jumped on my soap box about beef jerky! I guess it's quite possible that I'm grumpy I ate the rest of my stash yesterday! :# Anyway, good graphic beyond that!
  • kyubeans
    kyubeans Posts: 135 Member
    Those are great! I thought they were all good. Some funnier than others. I like the one with the crunchy peanut butter on a slice of bread: 143 cal v. 403 cal. Importance of weighing/measuring!!
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    I quite like these. I'm a fan of a good infographic. And if more people understood what eg carbs actually are, there would be less fertile ground for the cultivation of woo.
  • ezekielsherrard205735
    ezekielsherrard205735 Posts: 42 Member
    Dark Chocolate <3t62656hy2gd23.jpg
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    and what exactly is this for? I feel like anybody who understands the infographic already knows enough not to need it and people who don't understand it don't care anyway.

On the other hand...if you really need help remembering that meat is protein and cheese is fat, have at it.
  • cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    DX2JX2 wrote: »
    and what exactly is this for? I feel like anybody who understands the infographic already knows enough not to need it and people who don't understand it don't care anyway.

I find this sort of graphic really helpful when I'm staring at the macros I have left at the end of the of the day and wondering what on EARTH I can stick together to fit the random numbers I always end up with.
    I mean, I know most of it, but when I'm staring at a load of numbers it's easy to forget some of it...

(Love the rest of the page too.)

• AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member

On the other hand...if you really need help remembering that meat is protein and cheese is fat, have at it.

Well, a lot of people don't know that vegetables are sources of carbohydrates, so there's a wide range of nutritional literacy out there. Everyone starts somewhere.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited July 2017
    AliceDark wrote: »

Well, a lot of people don't know that vegetables are sources of carbohydrates, so there's a wide range of nutritional literacy out there. Everyone starts somewhere.

Actually, unless I'm too blind to see it, it seems to be missing non-starchy vegetables.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Jruzer wrote: »
    I like the linked page. There are a lot of good graphics there. Reposting without the wonky formatting:

http://www.leanminded.com/single-post/2017/07/26/The-20-Best-Nutrition-and-Fitness-Infographics

This might be my favorite:
    ya4q09hhzeic.jpg

I gave this a like. I would give it an awesome, but no way in heII would I call stuffed poblanos "spicy food." If I want spicy, I eat Thai with ALL THE STARS/CHILIS.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    AliceDark wrote: »

Actually, unless I'm too blind to see it, it seems to be missing non-starchy vegetables.

Nope, it is missing those. My point was more that not everyone has the baseline knowledge of nutrition that the PP assumes they do, and not knowing something =/= not caring about the thing.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    kms234 wrote: »
    What I took from this....pizza is the perfect food.

Carry on.

And peanut butter. I approve of this message.