I finally lost 20 pounds!!!

Options
maurihart
maurihart Posts: 51 Member
I've been saying for years that "if I could just lose 20 pounds" I'd be happy. And as of this morning, I did it!! I seriously still can't believe it. Just wanted to share a few things I've learned....

1) exercise helps. STRENTH TRAINING helps more. It's not the only factor but it helps.
2) you really can eat what you want as long as you stay under your calorie goal (most days)
3) you don't have to stop drinking alcohol
4) you don't have to stop eating cupcakes
5) you will stall
6) you will gain (water weight)
7) you will come to understand your monthly cycle SO MUCH BETTER (females)
8) you won't need any pills, shakes, cleanses, or wraps
9) people will start to notice
10) you will feel different and so much STRONGER
11) finally - IT TAKES PATIENCE - fat doesn't disappear overnight.

I still have 10 pounds to lose but I know patience is key and I can't wait to be at my final goal!!!

Replies

• mrami8643
    mrami8643 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I enjoyed reading your post, really needed to read it. I've lost about 14 pounds and have another 15 to lose but sometimes it feels like it's impossible. Thank you for sharing!
  • saharulnazri
    saharulnazri Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Really inspiring. Im just on my 6th day and your post really get me excited...wish me luck
  • dux1fan
    dux1fan Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Very true!!! Thanks for sharing!!!
  • StrongGirlFitGirl
    StrongGirlFitGirl Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Great job, thanks for the inspiration! Reading posts like this reminds me that I don't have to do anything super radical or super restrictive!
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • JeannieWray
    JeannieWray Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Awesome
  • vkmango4
    vkmango4 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Great job girl!
  • MrsPinterest34
    MrsPinterest34 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! With the exception that all I did was walk and count steps daily since January 2nd, I agree with everything listed. I did not stop eating my favorite food i just reduced the amount. My cycle is now consistent unfortunately i'm still dealing with horrible PMS symptoms. I just came off a month long stall. The only way i'm going to lose and keep this weight off is to be realistic about my behavior and expectations. This week i ate pasta everyday for lunch and dinner with a glass of wine on some days. I'm down 24.5lbs as of today. I have 15 more pounds to lose.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!