Eliptical Vs Treadmill

Options
13»

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I like the elliptical but i've found ellipticals are all so different. My sister has one and the workout is completely different than the ones at my gym. At my gym I like to put it on level 60 resistance and max incline of 10.

I also like the elliptical because I can work different muscles. I can put the resistance up to max and only use my arms for a nice arm workout or not touch the handles at all and use only legs.

I see a lot of people who don't put incline on or resistance and it looks a lot more like running and feels completely different than when I adjust the settings. I like how you can get completely different workouts depending on how you adjust.
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I prefer an elliptical. Ours allows us to adjust our stride length so I match my stride and so cab my husband. Treadmills make my knees hurt. Only problem with the ellitiptical I have is sometimes my foot falls asleep.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I think I'm too short for ellipticals or something. My legs always feel too far apart?

I used one before I started running as it was the most high-intensity option at my apartment gym besides the treadmill, but now that I can run, I doubt I'll ever use one again since on the treadmill I can adjust my gait a lot more and run comfortably (plus I don't find the elliptical as good a cardio workout as a good run, personally.)
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    I think I'm too short for ellipticals or something. My legs always feel too far apart?

I used one before I started running as it was the most high-intensity option at my apartment gym besides the treadmill, but now that I can run, I doubt I'll ever use one again since on the treadmill I can adjust my gait a lot more and run comfortably (plus I don't find the elliptical as good a cardio workout as a good run, personally.)

Mine always did too! Thats why I prefer to do on max incline and max resistance! It really changes it. I feel so weird and awkward doing it without incline.
  • rachel780mpg
    rachel780mpg Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have some weird form of neuropathy which causes my foot to go numb when I do the elliptical, thats why I prefer the treadmill.