keto diet

Options
Has anyone here tried the keto diet? Any tips?

Replies

• DharmainHeels
    DharmainHeels Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Yes! Join every facebook page you can find - I have gotten the best advice from there!
  • nokanjaijo
    nokanjaijo Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Never, under any circumstances, no matter how certain you feel, assume a packaged food is sugar free. Nuts? Check the label. Beef jerky? Check the label.

Get plenty of water and salt.

Personally, I have found that cutting out sweet flavors has left me feeling unfettered. I have lost interest in sweetness. I really recommend just trying keto with no artificial sweeteners. The sweetest things I have are berries every other day or so. I feel free now. I no longer see food as a source of happiness. It's just fuel. I get all my happiness elsewhere and it feels phenomenal. I can't recommend it enough, just try it, just try giving up sweet flavor if you think it's not too odious a prospect.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Join the Low Carber Daily MFP group. Lots of good info there. Read books and watch videos.

Eat 3000-5000 mg of sodium per dAy. That is about 2 tsp of salt.

Eat meat, seafood, eggs, nuts, olives, coconut, full fat dairy, veggies and low GI fruits and you are good to go. Avoid or limit refines grains (flour and starch), sugars, sugary fruit, and root vegetables.