Lunch Ideas

Options
klwtrask
klwtrask Posts: 20 Member
Does anyone have any great lunch ideas that they use frequently? I need something that does not involve a lot of prep time and will keep me full longer than an hour, but is still healthy.

Replies

• ilovelucy711
    ilovelucy711 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs, mixed nuts, cubed cheese/cottage cheese, good quality deli meat, fresh fruits and veggies!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I typically take leftovers from dinner. The only extra prep time is scooping it into my lunch container.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Last nights supper left overs. Make extra when cooking supper, and tada, lunch is done
  • missnolder890
    missnolder890 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I always have a total lean shake from GNC. Only prep is sticking it in the fridge lol. But I like very simple. If I don't keep it simple I tend to eat crap
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Broth based soups are always good because they fill your stomach.
  • mvbrown
    mvbrown Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been eating 2 wraps and a side of fruit. Wrap consists of Trader Joe's low carb whole wheat wraps (small in size), 1/2 to 1 tablespoon Trader Joe's spreadable light cream cheese per wrap, 1 rolled up slice of turkey per wrap, 1/8 avocado per wrap, with a dash of garlic powder on top of the cream cheese. Yum. I also eat 1/2 cup of blueberries, a peach, or an apple, etc. I make sure I weigh the fruit on my food scale to log exactly how much I'm eating. 2 wraps (with all toppings mentioned) and the side of fruit is around 300ish calories. I can make my lunch ahead of time (night before/morning of) and put them in plastic wrap. They seem to do well.
  • clayelliott847
    clayelliott847 Posts: 125 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Salad Express bags. I purchased one with lettuce and a pouch of cherry tomatoes. I put them in 3 tupperware containers. Also added some chicken on top.

I frequently take bread, cheese and lunch meat to work. I make a sandwich at work.