When Did You See Results

I've been at it for 2 months and though I see a difference on the scale and photos, I can't see it in the mirror. I'm down 22 pounds.

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,707 Member
    Even after I had lost 50 lbs, I couldn't see it in the mirror. But then I couldn't see that I was heavy in the mirror either.

The pictures tell the tale ... the pictures told me I was overweight ... and I saw a picture of me when I hit my lowest weight and suddenly realised why people were telling me not to lose much more weight. I hardly recognised myself.
  • Akkael
    Akkael Posts: 36 Member
    22lbs is a great start! Keep at it! I've not lost that much, but I've been keeping measurements... that way when I get discouraged the #'S aren't coming the inches are.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,454 Member
    I lost 100lbs. At 25lbs down I bought a new suit that fit properly. I saw that. Changed my life.

That said, I was pitching fat clothes for years. And not as a hedge against gaining. I thought they fit.
  • whosshe
    whosshe Posts: 597 Member
    edited July 2017
    I've lost 35lbs so far. I noticed right away but only because I was so obsessed with how big I was getting that I analyzed every roll and every fault. At about 20lbs tho my jeans started getting baggy and I could fit a pair of jeans I bought a year ago but couldn't button. Also, I have my wonderful boyfriend to remind me everyday how much better I'm looking and that alone is all the motivation I need to keep going.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Making mini goals helps me, check out this group and join us. We start a new thread each week with small attainable, mini goals. Even if you don't meet the mini goals perfectly. The goal is to stay mindful and be consistent not perfect and if you do this you will eventually reach your ultimate goals. Check out link and feel free to join us: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/625-mini-goal-one-week-challenge
  • hochbergauzzie
    hochbergauzzie Posts: 1 Member
    I can see in the mirror almost everyday if my body is getting leaner, stronger, skinnier, and just if I'm overall making progress. I believe that the scale is truly insignificant on a person's journey to health and fitness. What matters is the changes you do see in the mirror. The scale will lie to you and tell you you're gaining weight although you could be losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time or vis versa. I believe what matters is if you are stronger, healthier, and happier with your body than you were yesterday.
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    I think it has to do with the way your brain works. If you're more 'sensory'--if you're keen with noticing subtle changes and small details in your environment--then you'll be more likely to notice appearance changes in the mirror.

I'm not that. At all. For people like me, the best subjective way to evaluate positive body changes is how your clothing fits.
  • brockhampton
    brockhampton Posts: 211 Member
    edited July 2017
    Sashslay wrote: »
    I didn't let the mirror tell me, I let my clothes! And unfortunately my bra :s

I literally just bought a new gorgeous CK bra before starting on this weightloss thang and now I'm a whole cup size and band size down. Gutted ):

EDIT: my belleh still the same size tho ):
  • chelllsea124
    chelllsea124 Posts: 336 Member
    I'm down 20 pounds and everyone can see a difference except for me. I can feel it though, so that keeps me motivated.
  • chelllsea124
    chelllsea124 Posts: 336 Member
    Sashslay wrote: »
    I didn't let the mirror tell me, I let my clothes! And unfortunately my bra :s

THIS!
  • bruby28
    bruby28 Posts: 4,123 Member
    I let me clothes tell me and lost inches . It's hard to tell for me at least when you're used to seeing yourself in the mirror everyday . I probably noticed at -20 lbs. But realized too that I lost a lot of inches and my clothes fit so much better . Family and friends started noticing earlier at -15 lbs . Try not to pay attention to only the scale , measure and keep track of the inches too ;)
  • ilovelucy711
    ilovelucy711 Posts: 381 Member
    See I really can't tell in my clothes I wear unless I take a picture and put it side by side.
  • Wrongleverkronk
    Wrongleverkronk Posts: 22 Member
    I started seeing it in my third month of weight loss... Try taking progress pics. You dont have to share them but its very beneficial because when youre looking at yourself everyday its harder to guage every change. Progress pics throw it in your face though!!
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    The difference between 260 and 240 for me was subtle. But from 240 to 200 i looked dramatically different. The change you see in your body is more of an exponential difference than linear. It starts slow but then it starts to really compound as you approach your goal.
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Try doing some side by side pics. Piccollage is a free app that makes it really easy
  • CoueCoue
    CoueCoue Posts: 69 Member
    I've lost 9lbs in the last month (down from 155lbs). I have noticed a big difference and am strutting around in a bikini on holiday right now, feeling very confident. I read this chain, so out of interest just asked my husband if he had noticed a difference (I don't make a big deal of "trying to lose weight", so he hasn't been particularly involved...my choice). He answered (honestly), "hmm....not really". Then pulled this face:
    :#

I obviously have a much better perception of how I am looking vs. the reality! :D

Kind of makes me laugh that I could be strutting about but still be wobbling about everywhere. Amazing how our brains work, right!
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Last time I got to goal I didn't see any difference until I lost 25 pounds.
  • mariahk37
    mariahk37 Posts: 7 Member
    Although I don't see in the mirror I do see it in things like my belt has gone down two notches
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,262 Member
    I saw results right away because my stomach started off so bloated and big. But it became way more noticeable, as in a change of shape, once I had lost about 15% of my original bodyweight (SW 202 down to the 170s.)