MFP Accuracy?

Options
For those who have been doing this awhile, have you found that the calorie goal this app sets has been realistic for what you want? I'm seeing people on here who are saying they're throwing back 4,500 calories a day to gain. I'm on just over 3,000 to gain a pound a week. It does seem to be working pretty well, I just don't want to miss out on even bigger gains if I should be eating even more.

Replies

• dalerst
    dalerst Posts: 174 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    1lb per week is all you want if your not looking to put to much fat on. My goal is 2640 plus my exercise burn and I'm gaining between 0.5 - 1lb per week at the minute.

Have you worked out what your TDEE is from there you want to be in a surplus of 500 ish to gain 1lb.

If you want to gain more just eat more but a lot of it will be fat gain and not muscle.
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    You really do have to check out some online calculators of TDEE and go for a few weeks to see what works.

Here's the thing, you will gain more if you eat more, but you'll also gain more fat. @dalerst is correct that 1 lb per week gain is a nice compromise.