I worked out and had a salad--am I skinny yet?

Options
Hey fitness pals! I'm Pie, and I bet you're all wondering why I've gathered you here today...

REASONS I'M ON MFP:
> I'm fat and trying not to be.
> I need friends. I need the reminder that even if I'm doing this weight loss thing solo, I'm not alone (pretty sure I heard this line on a commercial somewhere but it fits so I'm taking credit for it).

What I'm looking for is consistency, accountability and motivation. I lack all 3 currently, so I need you, Fitness Pals! I've used MFP before and I had the best results because seeing everyone else on this journey is empowering and inspiring.

MY PAL PROMISE: I will be consistent. I will be truthful. I will hold myself accountable and stop making excuses. I will try my best to be the pal you need. I will respect your journey.

DISCLAIMER: I don't readily come with a filter between my brain and my mouth, sometimes I can get pretty caustic. I am sarcastic most of the time, and I love laughing at myself (BUT I will never laugh at others). I promise you, I'm actually a sweetheart - though my mouth is dirtier than the underside of an earthworm.

STUFF WE MIGHT (or might not) HAVE IN COMMON:
I like reading fantasy novels, I'm practically obsessed with The Stormlight Archives.
I play video games, though not as hardcore as I once was.
I love baking. I don't have a sweet tooth, but I absolutely love baking/decorating.
I love trivia and learning new *kitten*.
I get a hard-on for people who can communicate effectively.
I am passionate about traveling and seeing the world and discovering fantastical things.
I love corny t-shirts, witty banter, Harry Potter, all things nerdy, Dr. Seuss, and my 2 puppers.

GETTING PERSONAL:
The person I believed to be my soulmate walked away from our almost-4-year relationship, which has prompted me to reevaluate my life and my choices regarding the future. I am on this journey in part because of this. I was also diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes (long family history of this) and PCOS - and have been struggling with weight-loss for a long time.

In short, I'm just a girl... standing in front of all you wonderful people... asking you to lose weight with me. What do you say?

Replies

• amyteacake
    amyteacake Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Hey! You can always add me for support and I will happily support you on your journey!

I have the biggest sweet tooth ever and love baking as well. Also, Harry Potter and fantasy novels are the best. I would love to travel as well if I could.
  • cupcakerpie
    cupcakerpie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hooray for support (:
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I am also obsessed with The Stormlight Archives I have read both books multiple times and can not wait for the next to come out. I also love baking and decorating and am working on adapting all my recipes to gluten free since I was diagnosed with Celiac.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I have never seen a salad make anyone skinny. Workouts yes but salads no, its all in the calories.
  • dustbringer
    dustbringer Posts: 1,621 Member
    Options
    I like reading fantasy novels, I'm practically obsessed with The Stormlight Archives.

My username is dustbringer because the other orders of the Knights Radiant were already taken.
  • CyclingRoadie6
    CyclingRoadie6 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    First of all, we need to work on changing that word "fat" to something with a more positive spin. I'll let you come up with something fun, but in my experience, people can still live healthy lives as a + size. On the other hand, if you have the determination to achieve a specific goal, lets get started!! As for your disclaimer...definitely tell it how it is. Life is so much better if you speak your mind and limit the use of a filter. So on that note...throw on that corny t-shirt, and lets rock-n-roll!!

By the way, if you don't have a sweet tooth, I can make up the difference. I'm good at quality control testing. ;)
  • cupcakerpie
    Options
    Treece68 wrote: »
    I am also obsessed with The Stormlight Archives I have read both books multiple times and can not wait for the next to come out. I also love baking and decorating and am working on adapting all my recipes to gluten free since I was diagnosed with Celiac.

Oh my God, girrrrl. Same. I already pre-ordered Oathbringer. The series is just so damn GOOD! I'm even on the fence about pre-ordering it for Kindle... so I will have the physical version and the to-go version. Eeee! Super excite.
  • cupcakerpie
    Options
    First of all, we need to work on changing that word "fat" to something with a more positive spin. I'll let you come up with something fun, but in my experience, people can still live healthy lives as a + size. On the other hand, if you have the determination to achieve a specific goal, lets get started!! As for your disclaimer...definitely tell it how it is. Life is so much better if you speak your mind and limit the use of a filter. So on that note...throw on that corny t-shirt, and lets rock-n-roll!!

By the way, if you don't have a sweet tooth, I can make up the difference. I'm good at quality control testing. ;)

Oh, yeah. I use the word "fat" because well.. that's what it is and I don't think I should be afraid of it. PERSONALLY, I should add. I don't necessarily think the word is negative, though I completely and truly understand that for some people it does. I agree that people can live healthy lives at any size!

I would appreciate your input on my baked goods. Now accepting applications, please inquire within.
  • cupcakerpie
    Options

My username is dustbringer because the other orders of the Knights Radiant were already taken.

Just means we need to add more orders. I shall be Cakebringer.... and of course I can't change my user name anymore. Well... f.
  • dustbringer
    dustbringer Posts: 1,621 Member
    Options

Just means we need to add more orders. I shall be Cakebringer.... and of course I can't change my user name anymore. Well... f.

I'm just hoping when dustbringers finally show up it'll be with an awesome character and not someone whiny. Since I'm already stuck with the name and all. ;)
  • BettyDares
    BettyDares Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    I say you're my new MFB bestie!!!

I'm also a fantasy nerd who has some major weight loss and fitness goals. You are friended.
  • mariafast7862
    mariafast7862 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    "Hi, Pie!"-Motivation Or Lack Of Support Group Anonymous or MOLOSGA

My humor is very dorky and not very funny but I try, I can count on one hand how many times my hubby has laughed at my jokes and we've been married for 7 years xD

I like to read, I'm rereading HP right now, this will only the second time I've read them.
    I'm a running couch potato-I love binge watching reruns or a new show I've found-I'm re watching The Walking Dead right now before the next season comes out.
    And my quilty pleasure is reality shows, don't judge lol
    I like to bake too, try new things, buuuut I like it eat it too :-/
    I love playing board games and having friends over.
    I'm crafty and artsy, I like to make my own cards for my friends and family.

I think it's awesome how honest you are and I'll lose weight with you :smile: if you want
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

You can change your username once by yourself, and if you have already done this, try PMing one of the mods. They can set you up.
  • cupcakerpie
    Options
    I love you guys.
  • cupcakerpie
    Options
    Forgot to mention that I am currently on KETO/IF! Looking for keto friends to share recipes and all that fancy stuff. I can't figure out how to edit my post... if I can? lol
  • TorStar80
    TorStar80 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    We should be friends. You are my kind of people :)
  • teresaglz21
    teresaglz21 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi Pie :) I would love to be friends. I love reading but have't read The Stormlight Archives... so i will look into that series. <3
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    I'm not keto but low-carb. But I lost all my weight on keto.
    Annnnd now I have another book to request on interlibrary loan...I'm never going to get anything done. :lol:
  • cupcakerpie
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    I'm not keto but low-carb. But I lost all my weight on keto.
    Annnnd now I have another book to request on interlibrary loan...I'm never going to get anything done. :lol:

LOL! I can't recommend it enough. But it would be my luck if I keep talking about these books and they are actually really terrible. Nobody is going to trust my book judgment ever again!

Also, that's my plan--get to my ideal weight on keto and then slowly add a small amount of carbs back in and get out of ketosis!