I worked out and had a salad--am I skinny yet?

Options
2»

Replies

• Juniper210
    Juniper210 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You should try his "YA" series The Reckoners to tied you over while waiting for the next stormlight. It was WAY better than it had any right to be. It's a trilogy and it's all done so now getting suck waiting for new books (though he of COURSE is planning on doing a related series cause sanderson just can't stop writing) but anyway, yeah it was good, buy it. First one is called Steelheart.
  • dustbringer
    dustbringer Posts: 1,621 Member
    Options
    Juniper210 wrote: »
    You should try his "YA" series The Reckoners to tied you over while waiting for the next stormlight. It was WAY better than it had any right to be. It's a trilogy and it's all done so now getting suck waiting for new books (though he of COURSE is planning on doing a related series cause sanderson just can't stop writing) but anyway, yeah it was good, buy it. First one is called Steelheart.

My favorite Sanderson book is The Emperor's Soul! And it's a novella, only about 100 pages, so it's a quick read. :)
  • cupcakerpie
    cupcakerpie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    @Juniper210 YES! I own all 3 books already-GREAT read. LOL Sanderson is a marvel in his own right.
  • cupcakerpie
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @dustbringer I am definitely going to check it out. I haven't read the Lift story yet, though I really should. I'm embarrassed that I don't own Arcanum Unbounded.
  • dustbringer
    Options
    @dustbringer I am definitely going to check it out. I haven't read the Lift story yet, though I really should. I'm embarrassed that I don't own Arcanum Unbounded.

The Lift story is awesome! Literally!
  • cupcakerpie
    Options

BOUGHT ARCANUM UNBOUNDED. HNNGGG.
  • dustbringer
    Options

BOUGHT ARCANUM UNBOUNDED. HNNGGG.

YAY! Have you already read the other short stories in it?
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Wow this is the most comprehensive post I have read in a while. I love your upbeat attitude. I also like your sense of humor. Great combination. It is very impressive to say the least. I don't know how much weight you are trying to lose but I feel like even if it is a 1000 lbs you are the sort of person who could do it.
    It was really refreshing to read such a nice post and again good luck with the weight loss.
  • cupcakerpie
    Options
    @dhimaan THANK YOU! (: good luck on YOUR goals, whatever they may be.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    rsclause wrote: »
    I have never seen a salad make anyone skinny. Workouts yes but salads no, its all in the calories.

This.

You can eat what you want and stay within your allowance each day and it doesn't have to be salads

Good luck to you!
  • cupcakerpie
    Options
    perkymommy wrote: »
    rsclause wrote: »
    I have never seen a salad make anyone skinny. Workouts yes but salads no, its all in the calories.

This.

You can eat what you want and stay within your allowance each day and it doesn't have to be salads

Good luck to you!

Yeah, I totally get that. I've said before, my title was just poking fun at some weight-loss mentalities. I'm not actually suggesting eating salads is the only way to lose weight (as my food diary can certainly attest to). :D

Although TECHNICALLY if eating salads makes someone happy and puts them in a deficit, then THEORETICALLY they will lose weight. Whether or not that's the healthiest way to go is a different question, no?