I made a huge mistake!

Options
I went and bought candy treats for my class and now I cannot resist the temptation!!!:noway: :embarassed:

I was doing really well too! I have still stayed pretty much within my calories but I am feeling so weak!!:ohwell:

Why can't I resist those darn peanut butter cup miniatures!:angry: I say I will only have one and end up having 5-6!!

I'm just feeling like I am really weak!!!:explode:

Replies

• jhacker
    jhacker Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I went and bought candy treats for my class and now I cannot resist the temptation!!!:noway: :embarassed:

I was doing really well too! I have still stayed pretty much within my calories but I am feeling so weak!!:ohwell:

Why can't I resist those darn peanut butter cup miniatures!:angry: I say I will only have one and end up having 5-6!!

• beagle595
    Options
    Go and put them in your car so the wonderful smell is out of the house! :wink: Otherwise if the bag is open I also have to do everything to resist them.:love: I bought the sentiment hearts, pencils and suckers for my boys classes because I don't eat them.. Didn't trust myself around the chocolate :explode: Good luck! :smile:
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Next time get them animal crackers, graham crackers, or something healthier and lower in fat. That way you could have a whole serving without totally going over. But for now chalk it up to an experience and move on. Unfortunately we are only human!:flowerforyou:
    Amy:bigsmile:

118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Ideally, go lock them in your car! But 1-2 full-sized PB cups are only about 200 cals. Just call it a splurge and add a little cardio!:smile: This happens to all of us!
  • jhacker
    jhacker Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Next time get them animal crackers, graham crackers, or something healthier and lower in fat. That way you could have a whole serving without totally going over. But for now chalk it up to an experience and move on. Unfortunately we are only human!:flowerforyou:

118984.png

Good point! Makes me wonder if I really bought it for them or me to begin with.:blushing:
  • harter97
    harter97 Posts: 44 Member
    Options

When I do something like that I immediately enter it into my daily log and see if I can try to salvage the day with a light dinner and some exercise. Also, I would go give the rest of them away to anyone you can find - leave them for the secretaries or other teachers!
  • tjrms42
    Options
    Hi.:smile:

I know what you are feeling, I have only started 3 weeks ago, I find myself wanting something sweet.
    especially at the check out.

I found that by keeping a roll of sugar free Gum or Mints in my purse at all times and when I get that

urge I reach for my mint or gum and it gets rid of wanting sweets.:wink:
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I really think that the idea of giving your students more healthful options is the way to go: boxed raisins are a great treat. And to be fair, no one (especially those of us trying to cram more learning into our brains) needs more processed sugar.

If I had had peanut butter cups in my room today, I would have eaten at least as many as you. I think we rise and fall so often based on if we set ourselves up for rising or falling. If garbage food simply must be in the house, remove it from sight, drink water, go for a walk, eat an apple. And get your mind away from the temptation.

All is well. even if the splurge sent you hopelessly over today (doubtful), tomorrow is another day.
  • commotion56
    Options
    We only have so much "willpower" any given day to resist our favorite treats so don't be too hard on yourself!. Please don't feel discouraged - this happens to ALL of us at one time or another. Do a little extra exercise or eat a little less at your next meal to compensate. We're all in this fight together - you go girl!!:flowerforyou:
  • Mattysmomma
    Options

118984.png

Good point! Makes me wonder if I really bought it for them or me to begin with.:blushing:

Fruit snacks are good too!
  • beagle595
    Options

118984.png

My sister works for a Dentist. I had to stop giving my kids them.. Dentist says Fruit snacks are the are as bad as candy for anyone's teeth unless they floss. I don't know of any young kids that floss.
  • msujdak
    msujdak Posts: 141
    Options
    Just imagine that those PB cups are filled with salmanella tainted peanut butter! Get some dark organic chocolate and slowly savor each square with a little all natural PB.
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options

118984.png

My sister works for a Dentist. I had to stop giving my kids them.. Dentist says Fruit snacks are the are as bad as candy for anyone's teeth unless they floss. I don't know of any young kids that floss.

I don't know anyone that flosses :tongue:
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh:
    That's the truth. I used to floss but only when I was wearing braces.
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Just imagine that those PB cups are filled with salmanella tainted peanut butter! Get some dark organic chocolate and slowly savor each square with a little all natural PB.

I LOVE this idea!:bigsmile: For me, a small amount of dark chocolate does the trick- soooo rich!:heart:
  • beagle595
    Options
    :bigsmile:

118984.png

I don't know anyone that flosses :tongue:
    I do it for about a week after I visit the Dentist... :bigsmile: then it dwindles down and down and down. I brush 3x/day after every meal and use Listerine.. wink: