Breaking the cycle..!!

Options
I'm a 32 year old man who accepts that I've been making excuses for too long. It's time to take control again. For years now I go from out of shape and overweight, to completely shredded, only to go back to being overweight again. This is a cycle I've gone through around 5-6 times now over the last few years. I'm currently overweight again and unhappy. I'm starting a new and longer gym program tomorrow and I'll be using this app to keep me accountable. I have the knowledge, discipline and motivation once I start. It's just getting started that has taken a lot longer than I'd hoped this time. I need my happy, fit and motivated self back and any encouragement, motivation or even just contact from anyone who has been through something similar would be great! I'm desperate to make it stick and make being fit my permanent lifestyle.

All the best to all of you on your journeys to health and happiness!

Replies

• xxprisinhaxx3232
    xxprisinhaxx3232 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
    You can do this!! I make sure to read success stories daily to keep myself motivated. It's been 6 months and I'm almost there!
  • tofiggy
    tofiggy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Stay motivated, don't let your past mistakes get in the way of a healthier and happier you!
  • trippndane
    trippndane Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! Im in the same boat. I quit the gym after my divorce (regret) and I was the happiest woman when I was there. I was the leanest I have EVER been. To the point I was going to compete in a bikini competition. Now Im not where I want to be, however I know what it takes to get there. Have faith, look to friends for support and positive criticism.
  • 1luckygal
    1luckygal Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I feel like I could have written these exact words (minus the whole 32 year old male part..lol) but it seems what you find is the most important first step.. the mindset! Most people say the biggest part is diet, and while it's important, it's impossible if your mind isn't in it! Best of luck!! You've got this!
  • HarrisHawke8
    HarrisHawke8 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Besy of luck Pete! Add me mate if u need some motication and a laugh bro.
  • humpbax
    humpbax Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Same boat, I know it can be done as I did it! So much harder to get up and out the door as I get older. Still struggling and looking for friends to help!! Please add if ya like!
  • Jordan1906
    Jordan1906 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Good luck
  • sophiyakhatareen90
    sophiyakhatareen90 Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hi I am new here read all stories really inspiring...I want to add some frnz here so I can share or ask questions easily from.them but I dnt know how to use thi app.thx
  • jillylees
    jillylees Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good luck. Slow and steady is better than fast and then losing and gaining again. good on you for choosing to do something positive.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    Good luck
  • tercasey
    tercasey Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much the same, over the past for few years. I feel more determined than ever and I'm going to get back where I want too! Feel free to add :)
  • S1mburg3r
    S1mburg3r Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I had a lot of life changes and gained weight- I lost 30 on WW but didn't want to commit to the $$ for the long term so switched here for the next 25lbs to go. Trying to get back to where I was before all the s**t went down
  • Paisley27_
    Paisley27_ Posts: 180 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    For me weight loss is more of a battle than a journey. I honestly believe you will get your happy, fit and motivated self back!! Remember to love yourself unconditionally and to tell yourself the truth. You can and will do this!! Now I need to tell myself what I said to you.
  • ndnwonderwoman
    ndnwonderwoman Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Good luck
  • AWolfe1995
    AWolfe1995 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like you got this! I'm pretty much in the same boat! Let's do this one LAST time!!
  • hunhun57
    hunhun57 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You can do anything that you set your mind too!! Believe in you!!
    You got this!!