Replies

• rmgnow
    rmgnow Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I also don't snack. I eat at least 4 solid meals instead. a decent breakfast, my second meal is usually a big - I'm talking like BIG salad with meat (carrot, other veg, meat of some sort, cheese), then another lunch usually with the whole lot like rice, or pasta or whatever plus meat, then dinner depends on if I'm on a lower calorie day or not. if lower calorie I have breakfast for dinner of oats with stuff - fruit, peanut butter whatever, or if I'm on a high calorie day I'll have a proper meat and veg and carb of some sort dinner. I may or may not have a "snack" like yoghurt.

anyway, what I have found is that eating a proper meal more often keeps me satiated and I don't feel like snacking, or eating all the crap in the staff room or anything like that.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    rice crackers with tomato and a little salt: I have two with one tomato = <100 cal
  • sudakbyk
    sudakbyk Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Kg is no problem bur health is the most important thing in my life.I eat 2-3 meal.Never snack.And i never consume additive sugars,all additive and presevatives,white,whole wheat flours and breads and fats.Expect no organic rye bread (but sometimes because i dont like bread) and i never consume fats expect avocado,olives,raw nuts,fishs,organic eggs so natural foods has a all part of my life.And i feed like these so I'm never gonna need sugary greasy and floury things.What you give your body you want it.✌
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    rice crackers with tomato and a little salt: I have two with one tomato = <100 cal

I do that too with a little cracked pepper and some leafy greens.

Also nuts, fruit, greek yogurt (mixed with cacao powder to make it chocolate), pumpkin seeds, salad and cottage cheese are some of my go to snacks.
  • sophie9492015
    sophie9492015 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Fruit and yoghurt and smoothies.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I basically eat two meals every day, dessert and a snack. My afternoon snack is an apple with pb2. I reconstitute the pb2 with sugar free maple syrup. It's tasty.
  • slimyslimgym
    slimyslimgym Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Blueberries in low-fat cottage cheese, string cheese, an apple with peanut butter, a banana with yogurt or peanut butter.... so many choices! I also like the Chobani Flips because some of them taste like a dessert but without massive calories. My favorite is the mint chocolate chip.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Strawberries, oatmeal, honey nut cheerios, peppers + Oasis Tomato bruschetta hummus (only 35 cals for 2 tbsp!)
  • JackieMarie1989jgw
    JackieMarie1989jgw Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with a small portion of nuts and some kind of fruit stirred in. Fat from nuts+protein from yogurt+ sweet fruit makes a delicious and filling meal for not too many calories, as long as you don't have a heavy hand with the nuts

Hummus and veggies, hardboiled eggs
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Homemade chicken stock is surprisingly satisfying at about 86 calories per 8 oz. (using the USDA numbers for lack of a more precise count). And it's "free." Well, not exactly but what else were you going to do with all those chicken bones and scraps, parsley stems, etc.?
  • Nykkismommy21
    Nykkismommy21 Posts: 224 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Eating a kind bar during snack time ,makes me feel like im allowing myself a little decadence and keeps me on track for the rest of the day. Or a banana with a small tspoon of nutella spread thinly over it, is also a sweet snack that helps me with the rest of my 1200 calorie meal. It makes me feel like I can still allow myself a little something and not feel sooo restricted. These of course are not everyday things, but I dont think would be too bad if they were.