BELVIQ medication for weight management

Hello,

Has anyone try Belviq medication for weight loss? I'm thinking of trying this medication.

Replies

• Dharma36
    Dharma36 Posts: 5 Member
    I tried it. While it did nothing for me, I have known some folks who have done well on it.

I am currently using phentermine. Chat with your doctor about which is best for you. It sort of depends on blood pressure and so forth.

You look lovely in your photo, so just be healthy and happy! Good luck!
    Gwen
  • DianBudram
    DianBudram Posts: 33 Member
    Thanks! I spoke to her today and she recommends Belviq, I'm doing some research now. I ask her about contrave because I had done some research on it. Contrave have lots of side effects and most people stop taking it for those reasons.
  • GroverGreen
    GroverGreen Posts: 1 Member
    I have a prescription and am just waiting for pre approval from my insurance (which shouldn't be a problem). It looks like I'll be starting on Monday. My issue is being hungry all the time when I try to keep my calories at a deficit and I hope it will help. My doctor didn't want me to try Contrave either. Let me know if you decide to start Belviq too!
  • bridey41
    bridey41 Posts: 2 Member
    I tried contrave and I had a very bad reaction. I'm basically 4 blue pills from crazy.
  • DianBudram
    DianBudram Posts: 33 Member
    I'll try the Belviq. My doctor will call it in for me on Monday. I'm hoping to start next Wednesday. I'll keep you all posted on how I'm doing weekly.

Thanks All!
  • Valerie077
    Valerie077 Posts: 6 Member
    I was on phentermine for about 4 months & had great results! Since you can't take it for a long period of time my doctor prescribed me Contrave. I've been on it for a little over a month and have been having good results. With Phentermine my only side effect was constipation, and with Contrave I'm starting to get slight headaches & nausea, but its nothing that I can't handle, for now. If my headache is too much for me I'll take something and if I feel nauseated I will eat something small such as fruit or a few almonds then i'll be good.
  • shonna77
    shonna77 Posts: 4 Member
    I started Belviq today and am curious about results from others. I tried contrive but couldn't handle the side effects.
  • muller4012
    muller4012 Posts: 3 Member
    I have been on Belviq for 4 weeks now. Went in last week for weigh in and I lost 6lbs of fat. They have the fancy scales that break down the weight. I didn't lose any muscle either. I got my refill and will keep using it. I don't crave food and I get full fast. I rarely feel any hunger and it is much easier to follow a 1300 cal diet.