Please help me

Options

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,546 Member
    Options
    toxikon wrote: »
    Taking a magnesium citrate supplement is a safe and easy way to keep yourself regular. I take around 200mg a day. If I take 2 pills - or 400mg - I find that it's a bit too much and I get loose poops. 200mg is the sweet spot for me.

And of course, stay well hydrated.

Good luck with your weight loss! Sounds like you're off to a great start.

Magnesium citrate is still not different than other poop-helps: they mess with your gut and make you addicted to them. Or why do you take them daily and not just stop?
  • Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I have no solution! I am suffering with the same problem :/ I was told chia and flax seeds help.... Well done on your fantastic start! :)<3
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    You've probably shocked your body a little bit with your new eating habits... As uncomfortable as it is, don't strain yourself trying to go--you can actually cause way worse problems doing that (hemorrhoids are only the beginning...)

You said you drink coffee--that usually does the trick for me... Have you considered maybe adding a second cup to try to get things moving?

Prunes and prune juice have sorbitol that causes a laxative effect in most people. Last year I had to take opioids after surgery and they caused the same kind of issues... I did a combination of prune juice (2 oz, slightly warmed in the microwave), individually-wrapped prunes (the Sunsweet ones--only 25 calories each), and Gerber prune baby food to get things moving again.

Last resort for me was Senokot... but you don't want to become reliant on laxatives to help you go.
  • combsshan
    combsshan Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    If you like them, mangos, always help me out in that department. I have to be careful not to eat to many of them or I get the back door trots (as my grandma used to say)
  • CharleighKilo
    CharleighKilo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use Fleet supositories. They work bad *kitten*!!! No pun intended.
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    try an extra cup of coffee?
    and also - good luck and congrats on the 7lbs! you can do this. Just take one day at a time. :)
  • toran1
    toran1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Flaxseed helps but has other great benefits too. One spoonful in your cereal, yogurt or protein drink every morning really sorts the pipes out :-) and takes pain from joints that you may get after training / exercise
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 2 pounds a week so I get 1510 calories a day. I sit on my butt most of the time so it's a perfect amount for me.

Something to think about too, if you're starting out, is that 2 pounds per week does not need to be your goal right out of the shute. Especially if you have a hard time sticking to it. You can start with a 500 calorie deficit and go up from there if that suits you better.

Whatever you can stick to is rule number 1. All other rules relate back to #1.
  • noirelb
    noirelb Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Although all the people's answers above should work....for me it's carrots. Just raw carrots. Have a whole ziplock of them and see if it works. It's often a hard thing to digest for some people so they may somewhat pass right through and help
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Why was my post flagged? LOL

Maybe somebody thought 4 cups of tea was excessive and a "fad" diet? I often have 4 cups of tea in a day and I know a lot of people who drink that much coffee, and NOT part of any particular diet. It's just their habit.

@daisyfields79 - Lots of good advice in this post. Just give yourself time and stop trying so hard. Going 2-3 times a day is not the norm for most people who are eating a healthy diet with lots of good fiber and water. 1-2 times is pretty average, I think (at least for me). Your body will adjust.

I eat a highly plant-based diet with lots of veggies and fruit, whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, legumes like beans and lentils. Eating lots of veggies with a high water content like lettuce, celery, cucumbers, tomatoes will also help with constipation. Some fruits are constipating (bananas and apples), so avoid those for awhile. I cannot eat dried prunes because they work TOO well for me. LOL Drink LOTS of water! You will be surprised how that will help with hunger pangs and just general well-being.

Keep it up! You've come to the right place for help, advice and support!
  • nilommanna03
    nilommanna03 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try bananas!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Try bananas!

Bananas can be constipating . My husband can't eat them because of this. A couple of months ago he swapped his nightly chocolate for a banana, he was blocked up until we found the culprit. Bananas were the last thing we thought of...

• ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    Ants on a log? Ummmmm what?
  • MindSetBrenda
    MindSetBrenda Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm new here but not new to dieting lol. I've tried losing weight for the last 17 years and once I lose 20-30 pounds I tend to fall off the diets. This time feels different, I'm not saying I'm on a diet, I'm changing my lifestyle. I ask myself, why do you want to eat right now? You just ate 20 minutes ago, you're not even hungry. I've pretty much cut out junk food and turning to ants on a log for a sweet kick and so far so good :) now I'm only going on day 5 doing this, down 7 pounds and over the moon. I was 300 pounds when I started. Anyways my problem is I'm constipated, I'm use to going 2-3 times a day. I know since I'm eating way less that of course I will not be going as much but I feel like I have to go all the time and fight and fight for 20 minutes just to do a pea sized rock. It's been going on for 2 days and I even had a muscle spasm in my abs right under my breast. (first time ever) I'm. Eating fiber and healthy which I'm not use to but fiber is suppose to help you go to the bathroom. Does anyone know of something that I can add to my diet to help me go? Something that's low calorie and stuff so I can stay in my limits on here. Please any advice I greatly appreciate. I've never had this problem in my life.
    Hello everyone, I'm new here but not new to dieting lol. I've tried losing weight for the last 17 years and once I lose 20-30 pounds I tend to fall off the diets. This time feels different, I'm not saying I'm on a diet, I'm changing my lifestyle. I ask myself, why do you want to eat right now? You just ate 20 minutes ago, you're not even hungry. I've pretty much cut out junk food and turning to ants on a log for a sweet kick and so far so good :) now I'm only going on day 5 doing this, down 7 pounds and over the moon. I was 300 pounds when I started. Anyways my problem is I'm constipated, I'm use to going 2-3 times a day. I know since I'm eating way less that of course I will not be going as much but I feel like I have to go all the time and fight and fight for 20 minutes just to do a pea sized rock. It's been going on for 2 days and I even had a muscle spasm in my abs right under my breast. (first time ever) I'm. Eating fiber and healthy which I'm not use to but fiber is suppose to help you go to the bathroom. Does anyone know of something that I can add to my diet to help me go? Something that's low calorie and stuff so I can stay in my limits on here. Please any advice I greatly appreciate. I've never had this problem in my life.

Lots and Lots of Water
  • MindSetBrenda
    MindSetBrenda Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Lots and Lots of Water is the best, but with also your fiber foods.