How do you beat the munchies late at night, anyone?

Options
mlbackus
mlbackus Posts: 5 Member
I eat dinner at around 7and go to bed at 12... Nightowl over here... But I get the munchies and don't know how I can stop it... Any ideas?

Replies

• dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Also a cup of decaf coffee sometimes fits the bill. I am into cold brews now. They have some natural sweetness and don't require as much sweetener as hot coffee.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Sugar free gum
  • Zalophus5
    Zalophus5 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I recommend smoking earlier, so you have the munchies at dinner time XD

No, seriously, night owl here as well, I always have to eat something at midnight or 1 am. What I do is save some extra calories for the night, break dinner into three or four smaller meals that I can munch on at different night times. Nuts are a good idea for the last meal, also fruit like an apple. It makes me sleep like a baby. I consume absurd amounts of coffee, so that also helps me (2 calories a cup!)
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I always budget for late night snacks. I know I will want something so I make sure I have something.
  • TeethOfTheHydra
    TeethOfTheHydra Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I would not eat within an hour of bedtime, but I also wouldn't go five hours without eating. I'd suggest revamping your eating schedule and have a final snack closer to 9:30.
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options
    I'm a night owl and literally eat right before bed

I usually use self control and try not to look at food
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I find that I confuse tiredness and hunger. What works really well for me is just getting up and going to bed. It means I'm up earlier in the morning which gives me more time to enjoy my coffee before anyone else is up.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    some fruit, perhaps fruit topped with some yogurt, or a handful of almonds (the crunchiness is satisfying).
  • dabearo
    dabearo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I like frozen berries. You have to slowly chew and suck on them. Slows me down. Helps with bored eating. And you can have what you want.
  • mlbackus
    Options
    dklibert wrote: »
    I usually have a yogurt or I have been making slushies at night. 1 cup of fruit, 1/2 cup water, two cups of ice, sweetener of choice(honey, maple syrup, splenda); blend until smooth. My fav right now it cherry with a few drops of almond extract. https://buzzfeed.com/alixtraeger/cool-off-with-one-of-these-delicious-no-sugar-added-slushies?utm_term=.ipGLaRX0W#.rtRMb53rg

Oh I need to try this... Thank you!
  • mlbackus
    Options
    Sugar free gum

Haha.....
  • CHERHUN
    CHERHUN Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing to have is a cup of chai tea made from tea bags no sugar no cream just the chai tea
  • ambermartin290
    ambermartin290 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like to have hummus and wholemeal pitta bread whilst watching my programmes as I tend to eat dinner with the kids around 5:30 and am hungry again by 9. I find it works as it takes a bit longer to eat, same as fat free yogurt. If I still feel peckish after a snack I'll just keep drinking cold bottled water