Homechores values: Anyone know?

Options
2»

Replies

• Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,299 Member
    Options
    Thanks, cmriverside. I did go and take a look after my comment and all was well, thank your for your comment which would have prompted me to look had I not done so.
  • shanoz1
    shanoz1 Posts: 2 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    And yet billiards is an excercise.... I found that kinda funny lol.

it's not something people are doing every day. it's an extra activity.

for reference my boyfriend walks 18-20,000 steps playing billiards for a couple hours.

If your boyfriend is achieving 18-20 K steps playing billiards, he is either completely horrible at the game or lying to you.
  • zannatagged
    zannatagged Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Fact!!!!!!
  • zannatagged
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Sorry, cybertone missed yr reply somehow! Thank u too! ;)
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    shanoz1 wrote: »
    And yet billiards is an excercise.... I found that kinda funny lol.

it's not something people are doing every day. it's an extra activity.

for reference my boyfriend walks 18-20,000 steps playing billiards for a couple hours.

If your boyfriend is achieving 18-20 K steps playing billiards, he is either completely horrible at the game or lying to you.

Neither. He plays in a league which goes to Vegas every year for tournaments. During his weekly practices he plays nearly everyone on their team and others.

But ok
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    And no one else thinks it's ridiculous that mentioning this is not "exercise" is being "toxic" now? :neutral:
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Bowling. Kettlebell. I can imagine these are somewhat similar and I highly respect the kettlebell workout.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    And no one else thinks it's ridiculous that mentioning this is not "exercise" is being "toxic" now? :neutral:

Yep!!

• zannatagged
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I suppose not to nit pick but I guess that would be a part of his daily normal activities then and not considered exercise lol. But like I stated previously, we will ALL use the app our own way.

I think the invitation to NOT come back to my thread spoke for itself. Enough said.
  • zannatagged
    Options
    Steffy you are a Legend! Thank you sweetie!!! That's exactly what I was asking for at the very top of my thread! Lol
    I know for some it mightn't seem like anything. But for disabled people, getting something's done is like tractor pulling some days! Lol!
    Mwas!
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,299 Member
    Options
    Those who are fortunate to be healthy with everything working well have no idea of the struggles others less fortunate have. One does not have to be "disabled", having the medical seals of approval for your difficulties, to find any effort even daily chores a real drain on your well being.

The link Steffy gave covers virtually everything, so one can see how the calories out is supposed to work. It builds real encouragement when for some who find normal things a real effort. It used to take me days to clean the house front to back now I can cover the ground in half a day.

zanna - I hope you can discover the issues underpinning your problems so they can be addressed effectively.
  • zannatagged
    Options
    Yay! Thread returned to active ;) thanks fitness pal ;)
    Fuzzipeg, yeAh I've been at the discovery and dealing with my disabilities for a number of years now. I push through more than I should, probably because I was an athelete up until an accident in my late teens which changed things. But I've always pushed the envelope lol, the body does eventually push back haha.

I think there are people here who use this app for different things, maybe I'm wrong, but after reading through a lot of areas I can see I'm not alone in that weight loss isn't the primary function of many users so I expect I'm going to catch a bit of flAck as I go. But having been a paid moderator of two large websites, and having had a site of my own while living in Australia.... I'm no stranger to attitudes, opinions and fluff.
    I like people in general so hopefully the judgy people will learn to stay out of my threads. Lol. Time will tell. :D
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options

lol, some people only wanna hear what they wanna hear. the only one being toxic is the OP. sorry zannatagged you got your feewings hurt . Go ahead and log as many calories burned as you want for your daily activity and eat them all back. Let us know how that works out for you on your weight loss and fitness journey.
  • ttippie2000
    ttippie2000 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I looked up "tossing the salad". No entries found. Doh!