Weight Loss During Period/TOM

Options
I've had really bad cramps this week and haven't been hungry because of it. I didn't count my calories or weigh my food, but I certainly didn't eat much either.

When I weighed myself this morning, it said I lost 3lbs this week. I took midol the day before weighing myself and it's a diuretic, so do you think the weight loss was from that only? Or the lack of food?

I just want to be prepared if I weigh myself next week and "gain weight" that was just water weight lost from the medication.

Anyone else experience this during their TOM?

Thanks!

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    If you didn't eat as much, and took a diuretic, yes you will weigh less because there is less food and water in your body. Yes, you might "gain" a little back when you eat and drink normally, but again it is mostly water weight.
  • papercut2k
    papercut2k Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I don't Midol but I too can barely eat anything. When I do, it doesn't stay "eaten" for long... *sigh*
  • MrsPinterest34
    MrsPinterest34 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    For the last 3 months I lose weight only during my TOM or the week prior to TOM. After that I don't lose any pounds for the rest of the month. I do continue to lose inches so keep measuring yourself. The first month it happened I thought maybe it's just water weight but it kept happening the subsequent months. Maybe your body is doing the same. Also if you do a Google search like I did, you'll see they are other women that experience the same thing.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    You have probably lost some fat, and also some water. Don't be too discouraged if the scale bounces back up. This is a long game and short term fluctuations are just part of it.