Foundation Suggestions?

Options
quichebradford
quichebradford Posts: 327 Member
I have a question for those of you who wear foundation. I normally use Mary Kay pressed powder, it's very light...feels like I have nothing on, I love it. However, it costs $16 and the thing is fairly small, doesn't really last that long. So, in an effort to try and save a few bucks, I decided to try something in the stores. I chose Loreal True Match (or true blend) pressed powder. I've been using it for a week and it seemed ok, but today, I can "feel" it on my face. It feels oily and I keep getting the urge to blot my face. This is NOT going to work. I'm torn. Do I go back to the Mary Kay, or maybe try another brand? I used to use Cover Girl when I was in my early 20s, maybe I should try them?

I have oily skin and I need a good foundation that doesn't feel, or look, too heavy. Any suggestions?

Replies

• eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I'm partial to the MAC Mineralized Skin Finish Natural. It's mineral based so it's actually GOOD for your skin. You can apply a light layer, or use a buffing brush & really buff it into your skin which will give it pretty good coverage for a powder. The only downside is it's over $30 (Canadian), but it should last you a pretty long time, especially if you use just a light layer every day.
  • Myra73
    Myra73 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've been a fan of mineral powder foundations for a while, I can't imagine going back to anything liquid. They feel like nothing. When I was gainfully employed, I used bare minerals. It's pricey, like $30, but it lasts forever. Also, if you buy it in a kit, for like $40-60 there's usually some other makeup that make the price worth it, kinda.

When I was laid off and then took a job that paid, oh, 65% less than my previous. I tried the Loreal mineral powder foundation, and it was pretty good, I think it was about $11, and it also lasted forever (I mean like a year, so your ROI is pretty high.)

Good luck. I better go to work now. Because I really like that bare minerals stuff.
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I like the L'Oreal 16 hr cream and the Rimmel cream.
  • yeahfatty
    yeahfatty Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    like eillamarie i also love the mac mineralized skin finish .. definitely my favorite .. but when i was younger i used maybelline's pure foundation mineral & it was pretty good!

i don't know how well any mineralized foundation works for oily skin, sorry. :( plus i'm not sure how well these cover as my skin doesn't really need any coverage, i just throw it on to even out any redness i may have but it works swell for that!

i sort of wanna compare all kinds of make-up now .. but i'll stop myself. :D
  • conchita962
    conchita962 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I am completely addicted to Cover Girl's mineral powder...It lasts a LONG time and very very light with good coverage. I have a light complexion so I use Creamy Natural for years. I have very sensitive skin and this stuff never causes any kinds of issues. If ya wanna spend a little more money then look at Bare Minerals/Essentials online...you can get a kit pretty reasonable and that stuff is AWESOME!!!!!!
  • dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I've worn Avon for years. I use the cream to powder foundation and love it. I ran out and the girl who was my consultant doesn't sell anymore so I bought the Cover Girl foundation I wore before I got hooked on Avon and it completely dried out my skin. I missed my Avon so much I ended up signing up to sell it just so I could get my foundation. I got it in the mail 2 days ago and can already feel the difference between the two. I've heard that the Avon mineral foundation is awesome as well but I personally haven't used it.
  • LizC26
    LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    For a drug store brand ($6-7) I love Maybelline Fit.. It doesn't give that powdery look, and doesn't feel like you have caked up foundation on.

http://www.maybelline.com/products/38/face/powder/fit-me-pressed-powder/220-natural-beige/medium-220?shadeId=206
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    If you want to continue to use more expensive foundations like the one you are using, I would recommend keeping an eye out for Gift with Purchase events -- you get a LOT of great freebies, and they really do come in handy :D

I love the true match liquid coverup, but I'm not too fond of the foundation ^.^ Have you tried the coverup yet? It is a lot better!
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I used mineral foundation for years, and found it to be brilliant....until I became peri-menopausal, and then I found it just dried out my already-dry skin. I've been using Lancome Teinte Idole Ultra for a few years now, and it suits me perfectly. It's not terribly expensive either..in fact, I just checked the US site and it's cheaper to buy there than here in the UK! A little goes a long way!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Bare Minerals! Love the stuff! One tub of the powder has lasted me over a year. My skin feels sooo much smoother and soft. It doesn't bother my rosacea, and actually covers it quite well. I have actually been in the pool and the makeup stayed put as long as I blotted and not rubbed at the water on my face ( I wasn't wearing mascara).