Craving chocolate in the worst way....

Options
So I have not had any chocolate all week (for me thats a long time!!) and was wondering what you let yourself indulge on without screwing up your day? I saw that Skinny Cow makes snacks and they seem pretty reasonable and are good, but any other ideas since I only know one store that carries them!

Thanks y'all!

Replies

• bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    do you have a "cheat" day?
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    fiber one oats and chocolate bars are really good
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Skimmed chocolate milk and fat free or sugar free hot chocolate--not at the same time! lol. Seems to be just enough chocolate taste to kill the craving. Good luck!
  • ebgster
    ebgster Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Chocolate yogurt creamies.... only 105 calories and they take a long time to eat.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    If I want something I eat it the next morning, if I still want it. That way nothing is off limits. I don't have the thought that I "can't " have something. Merely that I have to wait for it.

SO if I want chocolate I may melt some chips over a granola bar, or make chocolate chip pumpkin muffins or put a few chips in a oatmeal pancake.
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I have chocolate. I had a small it and I dont take the piss anymore and eat it all. This way I feel I dont deprive myself and still have what I fancy.
  • healthychelsea
    Options
    Do you like peanut butter? Try Better'n Peanut Butter Chocolate spread on 2 pieces of lite whole wheat toast: http://www.betternpeanutbutter.com/products.php

it only has 3g of fat per 2 tablespoons and 100 calories.
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    These new fiber one calorie brownies that are 90 calories, they are so good I feel like Im cheating!
  • lmsieffer
    lmsieffer Posts: 4
    Options
    I am a huge chocoholic so I know this feeling! I freeze high quality dark chocolate bars, and break off one square at a time...they are cold so it takes a long time to get through it if you enjoy it. Also, I make a chocobanana smoothie with 1 cup almond milk, 1 banana, 1 tsp dark cocoa powder and 1 tbls natural peanut butter and handful of ice. Serves 2 and is a healthy chocolate option.

Good luck!
  • LittleFootHafner
    Options
    When really craving chocolate, I usually buy a nice milk chocolate bar (chocolate only), and then freeze it for a little while.
    Then I sit down and suck on each piece slowly until it goes away... usually the 150-200 calories is all I need to get through the craving!

However, if I would have taken a chocolate bar with filling, I would have probably needed more to satisfy the craving!
  • Texas501
    Texas501 Posts: 274
    Options
    FIBER ONE chewy chocolate bars knocks out my chocolate cravings, and gives me fiber at the same time! Only 90 calories!
  • Katiemarie4488
    Katiemarie4488 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    They make sugar free chocolate... and typically they sell it in the bulk section.... When im craving it, I got get ONE sugar free chocoalte peanut cluster or one piece of sugar free Chocolate Coconut Bark... put it in the bulk food plastic bag, and toss it in my grocery cart... ends up costing like $0.48 cents... cant beat it, and it settles my cravings! Also, there is a store by my house that sells sugar free chocolate flavored gum.... my friends think its gross, but I LOVE it!!
  • RinaMax
    RinaMax Posts: 33
    Options
    These new fiber one calorie brownies that are 90 calories, they are so good I feel like Im cheating!

Just bought these yesterday...love love love them!!! Got it at BJ's.
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    i also have a cheat day and i DEFINITELY eat chocolate on it. mine was yesterday. can't wait til next thursday lol

also, have you tried emerald dark chocolate cocoa roast almonds?? they're not bad for you at all
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    So I have not had any chocolate all week (for me thats a long time!!) and was wondering what you let yourself indulge on without screwing up your day? I saw that Skinny Cow makes snacks and they seem pretty reasonable and are good, but any other ideas since I only know one store that carries them!

Thanks y'all!

The thing is...nothing is really gonna screw up your day. Allow yourself one really yummy treat. A chocolate bar, a serving size of chocolate ice cream - whatever it is you're really, really jonesing for. You can make it work so you don't go over your calories, OR you can allow yourself a treat and go over your calories for the day. Either way is perfectly acceptable.

If you decide to have a chocolate whatever, though, please make sure you thoroughly enjoy it. NO GUILT ALLOWED. No looking at the scale tomorrow and thinking, "Damn...if only I hadn't eaten that!" Because you know that it takes an excess of 3500 (I think that's the number - it's big anyway) calories per day to gain a pound. You know that body weight fluctuates like crazy no matter what. And you know that the scale is an imperfect tool. Right? :)

Maybe I'm not the best person to answer this kind of question, if you're looking for healthier treats. :) When I'm jonesing for chocolate, I eat chocolate. Full fat, full flavor, bring on the calories, chocolate. Because if it's anything less, I won't enjoy it as much, and then what's the point? :wink:
  • sbogemann
    sbogemann Posts: 3
    Options
    I usually keep sugar free chocolate pudding cups on hand. They are about 60 calories per pudding cup. Takes away the chocolate craving without totally ruining the diet. And every once in a while I indulge in the "real thing". :)
  • Chrissieneave
    Chrissieneave Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I tend to not go without anything i fancy - i just make sure i exercise it off at the end of the day! I have not stopped myself having anything i fancy (within moderation of course) and i have lost 19lbs so far!

If i made myself go without just cos i'm trying to lose weight, i would have given up by now :(
  • gila24
    gila24 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Vitatops - deep chocolate. Only 100 calories and 1.5g fat and very good. I microwave it for 30 sec.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I just get some dark chocolate and eat 1 square. It settles the craving using actual chocolate with the fewest amount of calories.
  • korygilliam
    korygilliam Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Natures Valley Oats 'n Dark chocolate...I prefer them over candy bars. 190 Cal in 42g of food (2 bars)...8g fat, 3g dietary fiber, 4g protein.