Craving chocolate in the worst way....

Options
2»

Replies

• funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    When I'm really craving chocolate, I have a chocolate bar of course! A bar of hershey's milk chocolate is only 210 calories. Not bad, if you ask me. Only like 80 calories more than a Skinny Cow chocolate, and so much more satisfying. :) I'll squeeze a whole chocolate bar into my day by just eating a salad for dinner if I have to. No biggie.
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Real dark chocolate is good for you. So maybe try to find some of that and allow yourself to have 1 piece a day :)
  • Gorger
    Gorger Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate is actually very good for you and helps prevent cancer. Here's what I do. I get the Baker's Chocolate square (the real chocolate that you use for baking) and I get one one oz. square. I put it in the microwave for 20 or 30 seconds until it melts on the plate. Then I dip walnuts or banana or just my fork in it. It is delicious, good for you because it's the semi sweet dark chocolate and it is very satisfying. Hope that helps you. When you know it's good for you, you don't feel guilty. Melting it stretches it so you are satisfied with a smaller amount.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    try those Ghiradelli 60 percent cocoa, they are good ,..I buy the drops, the ones you would use for baking

.............also, seems Dr Oz really pushes an oz or 2 a day, chocolate like this, is good for us, and I do eat it, and it helps from buying the bad stuff
  • healthychelsea
    Options
    there is also those new Nature Valley Granola Chocolate squares! 60 calories per square, 4 grams of fat, and delicious!
  • Whitty1982
    Whitty1982 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Try sugar free chocolate - it comes in a green bag and is made by Russell Stover I believe. Should help your cravings and not be as bad as normal chocolate. Plus, it should help with portion control as well because if you eat too many, your stomach will not be happy.

Stay away from Fat-Free - your body needs fat to burn fat.
  • TenLaws
    TenLaws Posts: 273
    Options
    Don't go sugar-free or reduced-fat too often. Those products replace what they lack with something else that's destructive and actually increase your cravings.

Dark chocolate with honey, Fiber One 90 calorie brownies, Chocolate Cheerios...
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Eat it!! Don't deprive yourself.

It is difficult at best to stick to something anyway. That is made even more difficult if inside you are thinking 'I can't have this and I cant have that.' Have THIS and THAT - just not in crazy amounts and not all day long. And if need be WORK IT OFF!

You are doing great just being here! Yay you!!
  • kaitlynnm10
    kaitlynnm10 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    The Deep Chocolate VitaMuffins are good if you can find them. 100 calories, 1.5g fat, 9g fiber, 4g protein, 26g carbs per muffin.
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I don't buy Skinny Cow or diet brownies or any other such artifically sweetened things. When I want chocolate, I have small quantities of high-quality, delicious REAL chocolate. Usually dark. It's the only way to go ;)
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I am a huge chocoholic so I know this feeling! I freeze high quality dark chocolate bars, and break off one square at a time...they are cold so it takes a long time to get through it if you enjoy it. Also, I make a chocobanana smoothie with 1 cup almond milk, 1 banana, 1 tsp dark cocoa powder and 1 tbls natural peanut butter and handful of ice. Serves 2 and is a healthy chocolate option.

Good luck!
    Yes on the Dark Chocolate! I do that as well:wink:

Someone above mentioned Chocolate Milk, I can't risk a whole carton in my house :blushing: but what about heading to a store (Walgreen's or someplace like that) that sells an individual container of it?

The Skinny Cow products can be good but they aren't REAL for a chocolate fix, well, I speak for myself on that. If I have a true craving that needs immediate attention I go with a small piece of dark chocolate and let it melt on my tongue.

Milk Chocolate no longer resides in my home. Never in my life would I binge on dark chocolate so it's safe here.:wink::laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • W0zzie
    W0zzie Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    @jmruef - absolutely. For me it's not a diet it's a life change about how I see food & I'm not going without treats for the rest of my life LOL. Anything goes - just in a lot more balanced way. I "think" of nutrition in a 80/20 way - be good at least 80% of the time - though I think really it's a lot better than that - but you get the gist.

& seriously as you get toward maintenance it starts swinging the other way - you're not looking at the weight watchers sundaes anymore - your looking at the full calorie ones - just don't go back to scoffing them one after the other day after day :O

Cheers
    4866428.png
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I don't buy Skinny Cow or diet brownies or any other such artifically sweetened things. When I want chocolate, I have small quantities of high-quality, delicious REAL chocolate. Usually dark. It's the only way to go ;)
    :love: So agree with you on this! :flowerforyou:
  • pattybond1234
    pattybond1234 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else, I try not to deprive myself of things I love the most. Chocolate is one of them. (I have found other foods that I can completely do without which, I figure, helps to compensate for those I still eat.) Fiber One 90 calorie bars and brownies are great. Churned or light ice cream is really good, too. Edy's, Breyers, and Skinny Cow are all good. Quaker Chocolate Rice Cakes are wonderful. I spread peanut butter or Nutella on the large ones; but, they make the small ones as well that you can eat like chips! My other staple is the mini chocolate chips (from the baking good aisle). One teaspoon is only about 30 calories and I sprinkle them on everything....light ice cream, low fat yogurt, and peanut butter toast are my favorites. When I do indulge in a candy bar, I try to make it dark chocolate since that's better for you. And, like some others have posted, I have one cheat day (Sunday). If I'm craving something really bad, I wait for Sunday. If the craving is still there, I indulge (in moderation, of course). In that regard, sharing a treat with a friend is a great option.
  • iamhopeful
    iamhopeful Posts: 25
    Options
    I love chocolate too. I try to find things that will satisfy and not be too excessive in calories. That way, I don't necessarily have to wait on a cheat day, but can incorporate it into my daily calorie count on the days I eat them.

I really like the Skinny Cow ice cream products. They taste good, satisfy and are low in calories compared to other things. I like the ice cream sandwiches, they have all chocolate and traditional van/choc. Their truffle ice cream bars are good too. Also, like another poster mentioned, the Fiber One bars are really good too. I like the Oats & Chocolate. They do also give you a good amount of fiber and, for me, they can satisfy a candy bar craving too, wihout the guilt. Hope this helps!
  • emmaline8
    emmaline8 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Usually I'll have one or two Dark Hershey's Kisses or Milk Chocolate Drops for only a few calories. Yes, I'll want more, but I can stop myself after I've had something. Also, I just found this recipe and I'm gonna try it for lunch... :)
    http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo4m2vIzaA1qglcwno1_500.jpg
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options
    depends on how often i get a chocolate craving, I do tend to try to make it healthy. Chocolate Cheerios and Coco Roasted Almonds are my 2 go to's when I want chocolate. It usually does the trick, if not I didn't waste tons of calories before I get that little dove chocolate.

My favorite is the super dark chocolate...mmmmmm....
  • iamhopeful
    iamhopeful Posts: 25
    Options
    Oh yeah, the Fiber One 90 cal brownies are good too. And, to me, they don't taste dry or like "diet" food. Even my kids like the Skinny Cow and Fiber One products, so that says a lot too! :smile: