What's a good workout to do from home?

Options
mlaprime
mlaprime Posts: 1 Member
Currently doing 21 Day Fix but looking to mix it up some. Any suggestions?

Replies

• JMinney7
    JMinney7 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I used to do Yoga Booty Ballet and Core Rythms and did well, but I wanted something easier to maintain. Now I use a spincycle and watch Netflix at the same time. 30 minutes nets decent calorie loss at a moderate pace. So easy!
  • Senrak66
    Senrak66 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    i use app called walking for weight loss. its free and can use outside or on a tridmill.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    There's lots of things. Search google, youtube, or even myfitnesspal for "home workout".
  • kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    fitnessblender.com is great and free!
  • tomk8
    tomk8 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I recently have been looking into DDP Yoga! He's a former pro wrestler and has been taking on old wrestlers who are really unhealthy and need a lifestyle change and he has been very successful. It includes journals for dieting and exercise and has meal plans and do/don't eats.
  • initials1248
    initials1248 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I have recently acquired the sciatica again :( so my main thing is stretching out my back first thing. I am old school though, sit ups with my feet under the couch, squats, push ups, and leg lifts with weights velcroed to my shoes. I am too embarrassed to go to the gym and work out around other people because of the way i walk.
  • itstnee
    itstnee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Go to http://thebettyrocker.com/ sign up for the 30 day challenge! It's FREE! 15 minutes a day. She'll send u a workout video each day via email. She's great! I did it last month, June and lost 10lbs! I also walk (brisk pace) at least 4 miles everyday, early morning because it's so hot here in Destin, FL. I had also cut out CocaCola and all carbs, bread, rice, etc. I drink at least 1 16.9oz of water every hour in a day. I also do yoga everyday. If your new to yoga go to www.yogaburn.com. Or YOUTUBE. So i hope this info help if u wanna workout from home. About me: I currently weigh 176lbs. My goal weight 145lbs. I'm 5'6" 46 year old female divorced no children except my crazy 7 month old furrbaby morkie, Pepper. Good luck! Best wishes! Petina
  • goldiejdb
    goldiejdb Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Zumba!
  • NapalmZygote
    NapalmZygote Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Jeffagner2 wrote: »
    skip the first 50 seconds:

Thanks for posting this video... thumbs up
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of exercise dvds and borrow even more from the library. You can also find so much on YouTube. Jillian Michaels, Denise Austin, Kendall Hogan, Jessica Smith, Chalene Johnson, Shaun T, ExerciseTv, and The Firm are some of my favorites.
  • dethrock88
    dethrock88 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I do pilates at home when I don't go to the gym or do something else, it worked great when I was just starting.
  • Sesshyswench
    Sesshyswench Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend Blogilates! It's a YouTube channel which mainly does pilates, but also hosts some strength challenges and dance classes too.
  • emilykenau
    emilykenau Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i love all of sean vigue's vids on you tube!
  • chrissymoore06
    chrissymoore06 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Pilates is easy and a good work out.
  • its_whisper
    its_whisper Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I like to do step ups, running/walking up and down the stairs, and when im not really feeling it I'll make myself walk or jog while i watch tv for an hour. Something is better than nothing! for more ideas Youtube is a great place to look.
  • jamierutberg
    jamierutberg Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been doing blogilates (I want to try one of her calendars soon), and I have an app called Couch to 5K that I love, I use that to jog/walk 3 days a week as well.
  • Nikitazilla
    Nikitazilla Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Try this with Dumbbells .8 Romanian deadlifts. 8 deadlift high pulls. 8 squat cleans. Lunge press ups, 4 per leg. Repeat times 5. This was my workout today. Plus swim later .
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Try this with Dumbbells .8 Romanian deadlifts. 8 deadlift high pulls. 8 squat cleans. Lunge press ups, 4 per leg. Repeat times 5. This was my workout today. Plus swim later .

with how much weight??