Wasted calories.

Options
HATE when people use this phrase. The only calories wasted are the calories not enjoyed. If you truly enjoy drinking full sugar soda or full fat ice cream, those calories are not wasted. If you like cheese on your pasta or cream in your coffee, those calories are not wasted!

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I use the phrase when I eat something that really wasn't worth it.
    (to me, rice and pasta is a waste of calories. I choose not to eat those things very often. When I have a choice, it's fine - I really hate when I plan something decadent, expecting it to be delicious and then it's a huge let down)
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I'd take it further. The only wasted calories are the ones you spilled, threw away, or vomited up. Your body gives zero *kitten* if you enjoyed it. It's gonna use them somehow. ;)
  • fitmama282
    fitmama282 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I guess wasted calories is something high in calories that may not have been worth it.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Yea I would say eating something that you really didn't enjoy and wasn't worth the calories.. but for me, the only wasted calories are the ones I didn't eat. :)
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Yea I would say eating something that you really didn't enjoy and wasn't worth the calories.. but for me, the only wasted calories are the ones I didn't eat. :)

Or the ones I eat at 3am after a big night out. They're pretty wasted calories.

Hahaha... :D:D:D
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »

Or the ones I eat at 3am after a big night out. They're pretty wasted calories.

I'm NOT awake at 3am.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    Sloth2016 wrote: »
    If I eat too many, they become waisted calories.

Well played.
  • KatzeDerNacht22
    KatzeDerNacht22 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    It depends on what each person considers worthy. I shall not "use" calories on things that are not so nutritious and fulfilling. Others may do different, for some of us wasted calories are a thing
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Sloth2016 wrote: »
    If I eat too many, they become waisted calories.

excellent work
  • taziarj
    taziarj Posts: 243 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Agreed. The only wasted calories are when I eat something that looks or sounds delicious then tastes awful.

I agree. I saw Chocolate Peanut Butter Twinkies. I thought they would be great. Well, it was a waste of 130 calories. They were not good and there was NO peanut butter flavor. They claimed to be made with real peanut butter, I just don't know how much, a 1/10th of a teaspoon? What a waste. I still have the rest of the box with 11 more cakes in it.