Any vegans out there?

Options
Hi there, I have begun with the app 4 days ago. Was wondering if any of you knows some nice low fat vegan diets / vegan tricks on this journey.
Thank you!

Replies

• JackRussellTerrierMom
    JackRussellTerrierMom Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My go-to breakfast is 1 cup of wild rice, 1 cup of brown Basmati rice, 4 tablespoons of large Brewer's Yeast Flakes, 2 tablespoons of Chia seeds and Furikake sesame seaweed seasoning (get it on Amazon in 6 packs). My favorite lunch is a 1/2 portion of Trader Joe's Tabouleh, 1/2 portion of Trader Joe's Balela and a half can of rinsed black beans and half can of rinsed chickpeas. My favorite supper is a bowl of mixed steamed vegetables with some kind of sauce over it, like lemon tahini dressing, or a little Teriyaki, etc. I drink water with pure Stevia (Amazon has it cheap in bulk) and lemon. It tastes like a sweet treat. I'm not a vegan but the health benefits of eating as much this way as is possible are visible in weight loss and workout energy.
  • kerrylkatriviera
    kerrylkatriviera Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    There is a group for vegans here called "Happy Herbivores". You should join us! You'll make a lot of new vegan friends there and see what they are eating.

I have lost 40 pounds since going vegan last year. I definitely feel better. I love passing a hot dog or fast food place knowing they have nothing for me to eat there - no more garbage food for me.

I make my own veggie burgers on the weekend, freeze them, and eat them during the week. I use mashed garbanzo beans, quinoa, tofu and chopped vegetables, then throw a cup of flour in. I'll eat one for lunch without bread, and a half plate of veggies.

For breakfast, I'll either have oatmeal or a cup of homemade soy yogurt with raisins.

• Verosb
    Verosb Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm on here, just started the vegan/veggie lifestyle, not 100% vegan but just about. I'm giving my organs a break from all the dairy and meaty foods. I'm a nursing mom so my go to bfast is mostly sautéed tofu with any veggie I can throw in, mushrooms, peppers, tomatoes, anything, you can put that in a tortilla or eat in a bowl over quinoa and brown rice (packets from costco) I too am looking for vegan friendly dishes! I'm a newbie.