Feeling lost

Options
Desperately need to make a change, weight has been increasing over the kast 6 years and at my highest. I know what I need to do but my head isnt engaging. Any advice? x

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Sometimes just logging and seeing the numbers helps you engage and grasp a better understanding of what you are doing.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Desperately need to make a change, weight has been increasing over the kast 6 years and at my highest. I know what I need to do but my head isnt engaging. Any advice? x
    Tell us what you think you have to do? Sometimes we let ourselves get overwhelmed totally unnecessarily. Poster above gave good advice.
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Start with logging, tell yourself you won't make any other changes for at least two weeks, preferably a month
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    pamfgil wrote: »
    Start with logging, tell yourself you won't make any other changes for at least two weeks, preferably a month

This. Use a food scale and be as accurate as you can be if you are not already. You'll get an idea of what is preventing you from your goals.
  • Rickster1967
    Rickster1967 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I know exactly where you are coming from, been through the same thing putting on 25lbs a year for 5+ years, tried all kinds of unsustainable diets and just put more weight back on after

I'm hardly in a position to give advice but I have found even in 11 days that using the MFP app has made me feel accountable, I went and got an assessment from a professional whe set my daily calories and macros based on my basal metabolic rate - I'm eating 4 x 550 calorie meals per day, feeling good, full, happy and not craving

the logging thing really does help but knowing what your targets should be is important

very good luck
  • NapalmZygote
    NapalmZygote Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I wish I had some real solid advice because I know exactly what you mean. I've been needing to drop 25 pounds since the late 90s... known it all along. At least seven or eight random (and, taken by themselves, relatively inconsequential) things coincidentally happened at the start of June, which led to some switch that flipped in my head. Downloaded this app -- an excellent decision on my part ;) -- and seven weeks later I'm down 18. My head just finally engaged. Hey, you're here, so you've made it this far. Log every calorie. Luck!