C-SECTION MOMMAS!! I WANT TO SEE YOUR TUMMIES!!!!!!!! :D

Options

Replies

• mtkautz
    mtkautz Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Here are photos from today.
    Weighing in at 150.0 lbs. :bigsmile: (SO close to the ever-elusive 140s)
    I'm 5' 2 1/2"
    Chest: 33.5in
    Waist: 26.25 in
    Hips: 40 in.

I AM ONE BIG STRETCH MARK

And to add insult to injury, I was diagnosed YESTERDAY with Steatocystoma, a genetic and chronic skin condition that results in EVEN MORE SCARRING :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :noway: :noway: :noway:
    Photoon2011-07-28at2114.jpg

Photoon2011-07-28at21135.jpg

UGH. That's all I've got.... UUUUUGGGH!
  • jessbennett1986
    Options
    first off, I applaud you for posting these pics! Takes a lot of courage! 2nd, you are absolutely gorgeous! Would kill to have your facial features.Your tummy doesn't look that bad. I've also had a c section on 6/7/10. It was emergency style so the cut wasn't as even (why do they feel the need to not do as good of a job? I understand emergency but cripes!) at least it was below bikini line. I've always had a larger tummy due to eating and genetics. I got stretch marks on my side from high school and weight gain. But I didn't get any throughout my whole pregnancy on my belly! Isn't fair huh? If I had a skinny body and then stretch marks on my tummy, or a larger stonach without stretch marks. Either way I wouldn't show myself off due to lack of self confidence. I really do think that the size of the pooch depends on how much weight you gain. I had to be very strict to gain only 30lbs. No deflated balloon but I've never had a flat stomach. It's all in genetics also. All in all I think you look awesome!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    3 c-sections (last one 8 years ago today). see profile. I do work my butt off and am actually pretty pleased with my tummy. Most of my stretch marks are on my hips and boobs (not so pretty--aack).
  • AmesLee78
    AmesLee78 Posts: 111
    Options
    I always seem to be the one who doesn't mind my stretch marks. Being overweight bothers me way more than the stretch marks do. Then again, I've never been the bikini type, even when I weighed 108 pounds (when I was 18 years old..lol) I'm not one to show my midriff.....
  • skyls
    skyls Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You look really, really great for being 5'2 1/2. I am 5'2 and 147, and my body does NOT look like that. I do have stretch marks, but the pooch isn't too bad..now if I lean over, lord help the person who sees!
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    i've had 2 c-sections, and am 3kg from pre-pregnancy weight... my stomach is a disaster. i keep losing weight everywhere else. so my stomach definitely needs a tummy tuck, it's just gross.

i think i'll have to get 15kg under pre-pregnancy weight to have an acceptable looking tummy, somehow i think i'll never be in a bikini again until the next re-incarnation of me...
  • Nikkiairforcewife
    Nikkiairforcewife Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    You look really good-- even your belly. You should see mine. and you shouldn't. lol I might just post a pic when I get down to 150 lbs. But that's about 60 lbs. away.
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Not had a c section but loads of stretch mark comments here so have to say, I had terrible red angry stretch marks with my babies - who are now 22 and 20 - you can only see thin white ones now. When I'm slim, they are barely noticeable. As for the 'apron' I had an 8lb 11 baby and a 9lb 10 baby. My Dr says the only thing to shift it is surgery, I took a look and from a purely personal point of view it's too much - when I read up it was two weeks laid up, no time for that malarky :-) However, abdominal exercises give me really good definition on the upper and middle, just that blooming apron!! I think in most cases though, as time goes on you kind of think that was the price to pay for your beautiful babies and it's a price I'd pay over and over x
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I had a c-section on November 5th, 2008 for my twin boys!!!
    I gained roughly 85-90lbs during my pregnancy, had a LOT of medical problems, & gained weight AFTER my pregnancy.

Pics are on my blog, albeit, I'm smaller now as it's been another 30 days of CLX since the last pictures were taken & my stomach & abs have changed significantly, but until then.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/MissAnjy

it's a couple posts down w/ the links!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I think it has a lot more to do with how big you were when you got pregnant AND how much you gained AND how tall your torso is (I'm 5'3").

I was 40lbs overweight with my first AND went on to gain 50 pounds on top of that. I lost ALL of the pregnancy weight plus 30lbs (so 80lbs), and look, there was that flap! Got pregnant again and gained 60, had another c-section, and now 3 years later I'm down to almost goal weight (down 74lbs from highest pregnancy weight) and there is no way this is going anywhere without surgery. Here it is, in all it's hanging glory! ;-P
    DSC_8875.jpg
    DSC_8876.jpg

PS, I work out constantly and do ab work, I have awesome abs underneath all that skin/fat!
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I agre with Katapple and HUGE kudos to you for posting those pics, but I think so much of it is genes, how much you gained, how quickly you had the kids, how quickly you lost weight after etc etc. I have had 3 c-sections in less than 5 years, 06/06, 08/10 and 02/11. At my heaviest (latest pregnancy) I weighed 220, and every single time inbetween babies I have got down to about 160, only to balloon back up with the next one. The more weight I lose, the more it looks like Katapple's photo. All that stretching and pinging back in quick succession really not good for you. But being honest I was never gonna be a bikini babe anyway...
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I can't believe i'm gonna post these. I had a c-section May 2009 and a VBAC Nov 2010. these are my before and current pictures. I've lost 20lbs in 2 months and my stretchmark pie (pooch) is going away. I've got about another 30lbs to go. The day of my csection I weighed 200lbs (i'm only 5'4) so that tummy went out super far. I dont think i'm gonna need surgery for my tummy. I do think i might need to have the girls pulled up though :/

2monthsfront.jpg

2monthsside.jpg
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I had five C-sections. And although I did lose the weight after each pregnancy, I was older and the skin did not return to normal. I was fine with how my body looked EXCEPT for my bellybutton and below. So in December (2011), since I was needing surgery for a hernia, I had full abdominoplasty as well. My pics are posted on my site. Im so glad that I opted for the surgery. I feel much more confident in a bikini these days. Does everyone who has a baby or C-section need abdominoplasty to rid themselves of that "pooch"? Im sure they dont. But I did.
  • katapple
    Options
    I had five C-sections. And although I did lose the weight after each pregnancy, I was older and the skin did not return to normal. I was fine with how my body looked EXCEPT for my bellybutton and below. So in December (2011), since I was needing surgery for a hernia, I had full abdominoplasty as well. My pics are posted on my site. Im so glad that I opted for the surgery. I feel much more confident in a bikini these days. Does everyone who has a baby or C-section need abdominoplasty to rid themselves of that "pooch"? Im sure they dont. But I did.

Dec 2010 you had a tummy tuck? You look awesome!! You recovered very well, I hope I can save up to get one in a few years :)
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Girl- I give you so much credit for posting pics! Good for you- your beautiful!

Now, I didnt have a c-section (although they prepped me for one when they figured I wouldnt be able to have her on my own), but I did have a 10lb baby with complications that caused me to be on bed rest gaining a TON of water/weight. Yep- I went from 118-201 the day I gave birth. Fun stuff! Honestly I dont think I will every be happy with what I have going on after that...........
  • atsteele
    Options
    Girl- I give you so much credit for posting pics! Good for you- your beautiful!

Now, I didnt have a c-section (although they prepped me for one when they figured I wouldnt be able to have her on my own), but I did have a 10lb baby with complications that caused me to be on bed rest gaining a TON of water/weight. Yep- I went from 118-201 the day I gave birth. Fun stuff! Honestly I dont think I will every be happy with what I have going on after that...........

HA! My first baby was 10lb 5oz and hence my legacy of C-sections. I also gained over 50 lbs. I felt like the Michelin Man. LOL
  • atsteele
    Options

Dec 2010 you had a tummy tuck? You look awesome!! You recovered very well, I hope I can save up to get one in a few years :)

It hurt for about 2 months. I was a long recovery but worth it.

I love the pics of you with the boys and the "thumbs up" pics!! You look great!!
  • Eplizzitiz
    Eplizzitiz Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My stomach is a road map! I've had 2 surgery's due to Crohns as well as 2 c-sections. It seems like all the weight I gain goes to my belly making it lumpy due to incision lines.

My first c-section was done 7 months after my first surgery. My first surgery gave me a 12 inch incision from just under my rib cage, around the belly button and down to my panty line. It also left me with an ostomy bag. (yet another incision for that) They decided to extend from the end of my first incision straight down to my pelvic bone for the c-section so I wouldn't have a "t" scar.

For my secod c-section, my new doctor (I had moved to a different state) decided that to avaid making more scar tissue in one area, she was going to go acress the first horizontal scar. This left me with a beautiful scar that looks like an anchor.

If I can get a chance, I'll try and take a pic to show you all. It doesn't bother me so much now. I just understand that there will be no bikini's in the near future for me :smile:
  • katapple
    Options

It hurt for about 2 months. I was a long recovery but worth it.

I love the pics of you with the boys and the "thumbs up" pics!! You look great!!

Thank you! :) I am living vicariously through a close friend right now, she just had it done 3 weeks ago and looks amazing. Drains and stitches are already gone and swelling has gone down to where she can already fit in a 4! I'm amazed :)
  • kmart20
    kmart20 Posts: 72
    Options
    I didn't have a c-section either, natural child birth with no drugs (thats a whole different story) and I have the lovely stretch marks (and mainly on one side of my tummy since my daughter had/has a big head which is the side the stretch marks are on) My stomach is flabby but its from the lovely lose skin that was so stretched out from being pregnant that I don't think it will ever go back to normal. When I stand up my stomach looks flat, but when I sit down a whole different story, I still feel like I look pregnant. I can see my obliques and have a line forming at the top that is pretty flat, but farther south it is the flabby skin.