Calorie ...HELP!!

Options
Hi Everyone Again:)
I've been reading so many stories and looking at friends diet log and I don't know how to get my calorie intake up? If anyone would please look over my diary and give me some tips I would so much appreciate it! MINUS LAST WEEKEND IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY SO I CHEATED REALLY BAD! But I have my water intake really good and I don't know if where I am is working or not? I force myself to eat 3 times a day now. If you read my profile it'll explain how I gained this extra weight, I just don't know if I'm doing right or if I need to change some things..... && If I do need to change or add to "How do I do that?" I don't eat "junk food" or Soda pop, If my calorie intake needs to be higher could I sub 1% milk eveyday to bring it up higher or add something else to my smoothies??? PLEASE anyone that would/could spare a moment and look over my profile would so much help me! This 30+ pounds came on all within 4 month time. (medical/surgery) Thank you Everyone!!! ANY input will be greatly appreciated!! Thanks Ammie :/

Replies

• vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I can't see your diary. How long have you been trying to lose weight? The first few weeks are the worst because almost no change takes places
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    your diary isn't open for anyone to see. you need to change the settings so people can see it.

to increase calories, try adding cheese, peanut butter, nuts, avocados, etc to your diet
  • ammient3
    ammient3 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry I will open it!!! I hope
  • ammient3
    ammient3 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry it's open now! I didn't know it was set private, still new at this! Thank you:)
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Try some healthy nuts like almond or walnuts. An ounce of almonds is about 160 calories and an ounce of walnuts is about 200. It's a light snack and a quick way to get calories, plus you get the benefits of the healthy fats.
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Okay great! So yes, adding more calories should help you out. A lot of the suggestions are good ones because they will add lots of calories and good fats and you don't have to eat a lot of it. The Avocado and nuts are definitely a good choice, or a piece of whole grain toast. I've never done this but apples dipped in peanut butter is supposed to be really good too. Or wrap some grapes in cheese! mmmm.
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    your food choices look pretty good! I see a lot of fresh produce which is immensely important. as you said yourself though, you absolutely need to make sure you're hitting at least 1200 calories a day. if you have a hard time upping calories throughout the day, try planning your menu the night before. this way your can incorporate snacks and extra calories as you need.

milk is a good way to add 100 calories here or there. try yogurt in your smoothies to add calories too. peanut butter is good on EVERYTHING.

some people on this site eat their exercise calories, some do not. there has been success both ways so if you're exercising and not seeing a weight loss, i would start eating those exercise calories as well.

best of luck to you
  • mbeach1977
    mbeach1977 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    To increase my calories, I like almonds. But what I really like to do is add olive oil to my veggies when I cook them. I always just used cooking spray. This way I get the cals and the good fats and I'm not really having to eat more.