9 months- 118+ pounds gone naturally with pics

Options
FatChickToNotSoFatChick
FatChickToNotSoFatChick Posts: 27 Member
edited July 2017 in Success Stories
I officially started my journey on October 14, 2016 and a few days later made this post on a forum here http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10469664/i-lied/p1 I was tired of lying to myself about my health, and just plain tired from the sheer amount of energy it takes to live a life at almost 300 pounds. I had years of excuses of why I wouldn't lose weight being a single mom ("I won't have time or money to get healthy"), or having PCOS ("my doctors say it's hard for people with this to lose weight so it must be impossible!"), or having an autoimmune disorder ("some days I don't even have the strength to open a bottle of water and I live in constant pain so fitness is out!"), or having binge eating disorder ("I'll never escape this cycle, my brain won't let me!"), or having an unhealthy relationship with food my whole life ("I was never taught anything about food and how to fuel my body, we literally lived off of fast food growing up, it's all I've known!"), finally decided enough is enough with the excuses and finally gave it an honest try. From October to May I focused on my relationship with food, working to stop my binges, measuring out proper portions, at the end of May I joined a gym and have been working on my fitness level in combination with portion control and in total I've lost 118.4 pounds, went from a BMI of 49.6, class 3, morbidly obese, to now 29.9 which is considered just overweight, finally hitting my goal of being a "not so fat chick" lol, and finally not being classified as obese for the first time since I was a small child.

In those first days whenever I felt a binge trying to take over or I was feeling defeated at how long I had to go, I would come to this forum here and just scroll through the success stories, hours and hours of reading so many inspiring stories helped keep me focused when my goals seemed impossible.

And other than just the physical transformation I've experienced many other wonderful changes. Like my blood pressure, which at its highest once topped out at 214/123, a hypertensive crisis, to now reading around 105/65. While still in pain from my autoimmune disorder, my joints feel better, I can walk up a flight of stairs without needing to stop half way to catch my breath. And mentally I find myself being happier without cause.

Now to keep this from getting so long no one will want to read it I'll stop here lol. I'm not as active on here as much anymore, but I do have an Instagram I keep updated on my journey if you'd like to go check out more of my story, same name as here.

Sorry if the pictures aren't formatted right, I gave it my best try lol.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Awesome and congrats! You look amazing!
  • thomasegbert09
    thomasegbert09 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Truly inspiring. Now it's your turn to be one of those posts that give others that extra push they may need at their own critical junctions. Way to go!!!
  • fatqueen2016
    fatqueen2016 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding me??? You LOOK fabulous!!! Congrats!
  • VoyagerX
    VoyagerX Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look great!
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You did it!!
  • SleepingSwan
    SleepingSwan Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Wow....just wow!! Well done, amazing!!! X x
  • veggie16mfp
    veggie16mfp Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!
  • marinerrhodes
    marinerrhodes Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!!!!!!
  • hillaryflicka92
    hillaryflicka92 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    SO proud of you!!
    You're my daily instagram motivation.
    Hope to have a success story like yours one day
  • bigblueeyes1
    bigblueeyes1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    This is such an inspiring story. Thank you for sharing! I have to ask...what exercises did you do for your arms to not have any loose skin there?
  • branbuds
    branbuds Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look awesome!
  • FatChickToNotSoFatChick
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind comments <3
    Truly inspiring. Now it's your turn to be one of those posts that give others that extra push they may need at their own critical junctions. Way to go!!!

I hope I can help someone like so many on here truly helped me, especially in those first months!

YOUR STOMACH IS SO FLAT OMG. Straight up goals. You didn't have any surgery or anything at all?? That's amazing. Seriously.

No surgery yet, maybe one day but nowhere in the near future since it's so much money lol. It's not so flat under the waistband of my shorts unfortunately lol. But I think I would choose to get my inner thighs or chest done before my stomach.

SO proud of you!!
    You're my daily instagram motivation.
    Hope to have a success story like yours one day

<3 keep it up chick!
    This is such an inspiring story. Thank you for sharing! I have to ask...what exercises did you do for your arms to not have any loose skin there?

I don't think you can do any exercises to improve the elasticity of the skin in certain areas, you can build muscle to fill it up with though! Unfortunately I have very little muscle lol, with my RA majorly affecting my hands it has made building my arms up a little difficult but I'm working on it. The only constant "exercise" I've done with my arms is carrying my toddlers (who are giants lol) up the stairs. Any actual shrinkage (although I actually do have some loose skin, you should see me wave lol) to my arm is I guess just from genetics? Or because I love water and drink a bunch of it? Not entirely sure :neutral: wish I could give you a better answer!
  • tronjo2002
    tronjo2002 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! I can the happiness in your eyes!
  • charris151
    charris151 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an inspiration!
  • avagrace44
    avagrace44 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Phenomenal job, congratulations!!! What an accomplishment, you must be sooooo proud. Simply inspiring and impressive. So it only took you like 9 mths? What were your workouts like?
  • SubhaNathan
    SubhaNathan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Truly inspiring... You can achieve anything when you put your mind to it... proven.... gives me tons of hope....
  • Butako71
    Butako71 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! so inspiring...
  • amydianeledford
    amydianeledford Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    your transformation is amazing, God bless you for sharing your journey, love you
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!