Any good Chicken Recipes??

Options
Sil209xo
Sil209xo Posts: 11 Member
It's meal prep Sunday , and I'm looking for some good chicken recipes .

Replies

• Sil209xo
    Sil209xo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to see how any of you cooks your chicken so it don't be so dry and blah .
  • ledarnell
    ledarnell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    no matter what I do it ends up being dry due to the reheating. I normally put hot sauce on it or just add a little water to the container before I reheat. If you want the low fat protein of poultry try ground turkey and make taco meat out of it.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    I used to use chicken breasts for everything but nowi'm into chicken thighs-boneless/skinless. Chicken paprikas' (I'm Hungarian) you can measure & weigh everything & put it in as a recipe, saute half onion in a little olive oil, add chicken thighs(you can cut them up first if you want), saute for a few min. add about 3 Tbl smokey paprika & stir, at this point I like to add some pepperoncini I buy in a glass jar, but you don't have to, add chicken broth to almost cover. Cover & cook till tender. You can make it your own by adding things you like, like chili flakes.
    2) saute your favorite veggies in a little olive oil,(I like zucchini, onions,garlic,carrots,spinach,mushrooms) you can add onion/garlic as well, add your favorite seasonings, add chicken thighs or breasts, add some chicken broth & cook till done. When done you can mix some sour cream in or plain greek yogurt if you like. I used to eat all this over rice before mfp, but I hardly eat rice any more, so I find different things to put it over or just have it by itself. I also recently found these noodles. They taste a lot like ramen noodles6xrscghwoapt.jpg
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    A super easy recipe is to marinate your chicken in Italian dressing and then bake it. Its simple and doesn't require much prep.

And I agree with adding some broth or water to the container before re-heating. It helps a bit. Having a sauce on your chicken can help too.
  • uselessmailmeister
    uselessmailmeister Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Brown the chicken on both sides in a saute pan but don't cook it through. Then put the pan with chicken in a 350 degree oven until it is done. Measure the temperature with a meat thermometer periodically to make sure you don't overcook it. You can undercook it slightly if you plan to reheat it. If you perfect this technique it will not dry out.
    For seasoning I coat the chicken with Mrs. Dash, Emeril's Bam Seasoning or lemon pepper before cooking or I add bbq or buffalo sauce before putting it in the oven.
  • MFPSK1977
    MFPSK1977 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    If you like Chinese, I found this recipe that isn't quite as caloric as traditional chicken lo mein.
    I made it with half the noodles used in the video. I love going to Youtube for recipes. https://youtu.be/FBBUTQ0701k
    If you mean prepping for the whole week, I have no idea how it fairs being stored very long.
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    I did this recipe last week and it was delicious http://www.skinnytaste.com/chicken-and-mushrooms-in-garlic-white/
  • Andy10725
    Andy10725 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Steaming is always easy to avoid dry chicken. Or stir fry with garlic till changed colour. Then 1/4 cup of rice wine and covered for 3 min.
    Pan fry breast is the trickiest but not too hard if you have a lid. Heat ur pan super hot that if you put water droplet on it, it will roll around and not sizzling right away. Turn the heat to medium and put the breast in. Leave it alone for 2-3 min. You should be able to flip it with ease. Cook the other side for 1 min. Then lid on and heat OFF. Come back 15-20 min for tender chicken. If you over cooked it, pull them to string. Your pot should also have some meat juice in it to make simple gravy to save over cooked breast.
    Oven bake chicken you can read up Julia child's recipe. It doesn't get better than that.
  • Buff_Man
    Buff_Man Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    . Cut into small pieces and add half or one cup chopped tomatoes. Add 2tsp garlic and 2tsp ginger paste, some herbs and chilli sauce to taste plus salt and pepper. Oven bake with 1tbsp mayo per kilo of chicken breast. This should give you a base of chicken to use in salads or even throw into a stir fry
  • Kida_Johnson
    Kida_Johnson Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I do chicken bakes a lot. One of my favorites is to put thin sliced breasts and chopped peppers and onions on a pan. Pour a bottle of hot sauce on top. Top with cheese. Cook at 400 for about 20-25 mins. Usually I serve with rice or salad.

Also works well with barbecue/tomato/alfredo/whatever sauce makes you happy. Whatever veggies make you happy, although I usually stick to peppers and onions, (I did the alfredo with broccoli and that was great too).

They go over really well in my house and I've never had a problem with them being dry. And you can make a lot at once for prep.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I really love this recipe for baked chicken with artichokes and tomatoes. It's full of flavor, super easy and the chicken is always juicy. I usually serve it with quinoa, but it would also be good with a side of orzo or it is fine on its own.

https://www.budgetbytes.com/2016/12/baked-chicken-artichokes-tomatoes/
  • bruby28
    bruby28 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    Marinade chicken overnight in fresh citrus like lemon and oranges , cilantro , tajin, fresh garlic with hot sauce
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    bruby28 wrote: »
    Marinade chicken overnight in fresh citrus like lemon and oranges , cilantro , tajin, fresh garlic with hot sauce

Made tonight: fresh lemon-lime juice marinade (with lemon zest) with mixed herbs and McCormick Montreal Chicken seasoning. Baked, rather than outdoor grilled as originally intended - this became our unplanned movie night after already marinating the chicken. Nicely moist result.
  • jwilk241
    jwilk241 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I meal prep chicken fajitas almost every week for my lunches. I thought I'd get tired of it but it's so good that I actually look forward to eating it every day and it's simple.

I just use 3 of the individually wrapped Perdue breasts (you don't have to use these but make sure the breasts are bigger than 4-5oz a piece), 4 bell peppers (green and red), 1 white onion, and 1 pack of pre-sliced mushrooms. Cut up the peppers and onions and toss in a bowl with mushrooms and olive oil with 2 tsp. of McCormick's premium taco seasoning. Broil in oven until they're as crispy as you'd like. Meanwhile, slice chicken into strips. Heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in pan. Add chicken and cook until browned. Add 2-3 tsp of taco seasoning to pan and coat chicken. Then I just divide the veggies and chicken into glass containers and that's my lunches for the week!