Hi! I am new to Fitness Pal

Options
Hi! My name is Kat. I am a 62 year old mother of 4 and I have battled with my weight since I was old enough to know that I was overweight. I am either winning or losing the battle with my weight. Maintaining a steady weight is my biggest issues. When I was in my early 20s I went on my first major diet and lost over 60 lbs. I managed to keep it off for the next 18 or so years, but then came my 40s, menopause, and major stress, which put me on the front line again. I need to (once again) lose about 40 lbs to get to my "right size" weight and hopefully I will be able to maintain it for life.

Replies

• Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Hey Kat...add me if you like :) You've done it before and I'm sure you'll do it again!
  • katstremmel1012
    katstremmel1012 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am new to Fitness Pal. How can I add you?
  • Rubysue17
    Rubysue17 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Kat said: I am new to Fitness Pal. How can I add you?

click on her name, then click on it again. You will see from there. Feel free to add me too. I am 68 and started this journey in January weighing 280. I am now 233. A ways to go yet, but feel confident I will get there! You will too. Just gotta figure out what works for you!
  • notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I recommend reading through the list of most helpful links. A lot of good information here.
    Stay consistent, stay patient, don't omit any foods you enjoy, you'll be fine. Good luck!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest