Hair removal

Options
2»

Replies

• FifiLea
    FifiLea Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I swear by my epilator. It lasts about a week, although you have to ex-foliate regularly otherwise you can get in-grown hairs.

However, that Magic stuff sounds like a good idea. I've just looked it up and you can get powder or cream, which is best?

Oh and for my eyebrows - threading. It's fantastic.
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Magic Shave is awesome... don't use it on my legs (just shave those) but rather on the lady parts. Talk about bald!!! ... no ingrown hairs or razor rash either. Stinks like perm solution but it totally does the trick!
  • CookieGem
    CookieGem Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I use an epilator then a day later i will pop on some hair removal cream, I stay smooth for about two weeks before it starts to grow back. Yes it hurts the first few times you do it but you do get used to it and its better than waxing as it doesnt rip off your skin cells. Also make sure you exfoliate to avoid ingrowing hairs.
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I tried one of those epilady torture devices and I never got used to it. It hurt just as bad to me even after using it for months!
  • emma1488
    emma1488 Posts: 175
    Options
    I got 4 brazillian laser treatments which was the recommended amount. It seemed to work during the treatments, but once I stopped gettin them, $800 later and it's as hairy as it was before the treatment! 'permanent hair reduction' my *kitten*....sorry for the pun.

But seriously, I thought tht was the biggest rip off! They rope you in with a cheap initial pack and then it gets more expensive, plus as soon as you stop, it just grows back
  • sonybalony
    sonybalony Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I had laser hair removal 7 years ago. I have PCOS so am a hairy chic! I got my legs, bikini line, face and pits done... I have 16 hairs on my legs... I shave them when I notice they are there. My bikini line is still pretty hair free for the most part. My pits and facial hair have returned but..... this is the important part for me.... instead of hard stubbly man hair, it is soft and MUCH finer... this means I can wax without the hair having to be 1/4 - 1/2 inch LONG!!! The heavier the hair was the longer it had to be (for me) for the wax to work... Hope this helps someone. btw, when I had it done, they offered a numbing gel... it was kinda expensive so I didn't get it the first time.... I definitely bought it before the second time! Without it, it felt like someone snapping me with a rubber band over and over and over!

With Friendship and Warmth from Missouri!

Sonia
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I personally think laser hair removal is wonderful. I am thinking of having it done on my legs later but have been getting it done on my face for the last few years (really stubborn hair). I decided to take a break from it over the summer this year because you can't tan while you are doing it and I have spent the last few summers pastey.... eeewwwwww!!! lol The hair has thinned out tremendously and is not very noticeable even when it does grow in. It is such an improvement and my self esteem has gone up so much. I didn't feel like much of a woman with all that nasty crap on my face and now I strut with confidence :)
  • imogenboo
    imogenboo Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I swear by my epilator. It lasts about a week, although you have to ex-foliate regularly otherwise you can get in-grown hairs.

However, that Magic stuff sounds like a good idea. I've just looked it up and you can get powder or cream, which is best?

Oh and for my eyebrows - threading. It's fantastic.

Threading is so good for eyebrows, it gives you such a gorgeous shape!