Calorie deficit= energy loss

Options
It's been so long since I've put myself on a calorie deficit. I really notice a difference in my energy during my workouts..... I'm trying to balance the deficit with macro into and exercise to lean out a little and maintain muscle mass. It's not so easy when you are in your mid 30's lol.

Replies

• spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,683 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to lose weight quickly? If you cut too much, that will make a difference. Perhaps change to .5 or 1 lb. per week. If you are eating back your exercise calories, you shouldn't see much of a difference in energy. Choose foods that give you the energy you need. I need carbs to fuel my workouts.
  • f_tothe3rd
    f_tothe3rd Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm adjusted for my exercise, I was on a 3900 Cal bulk phase for a while. It's just a big drop suddenly.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    You don't need to have a calorie deficit every day - that's what kills my energy levels when I'm losing some weight and training hard.
    So I either lose weight very slowly with majority of my days at maintenance or I cut quicker but for a short period such as a fortnight.

Don't use age as an excuse in your 30's!
    Save that for when you get old.

Agreed.

I can lose painfully slowly over a painfully long period of time, or I can bite the bullet and cut hard and fast and just accept that I'm going to be miserable for that period of time. There are pros and cons to each, at least for me.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    f_tothe3rd wrote: »
    I'm adjusted for my exercise, I was on a 3900 Cal bulk phase for a while. It's just a big drop suddenly.

I wouldn't even consider going bulk to cut without a period of maintenance in between.

Given that you have just been bulking, how can you be sure of your TDEE?
  • dieselbyte
    dieselbyte Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    f_tothe3rd wrote: »

I wouldn't even consider going bulk to cut without a period of maintenance in between.

Given that you have just been bulking, how can you be sure of your TDEE?

^This. Also, what is your target weight loss per week? How many weeks to cut?