Best goal i ever attempted

Options
Rendonator
Rendonator Posts: 4 Member
It all started as i was taking my blood pressure medication before bedtime late last december. 6 months earlier, my doctor had me take them to deal with a consistent 149/96 reading, along with high triglyceride/cholesterol levels. I weighed 206 at the time and generally felt like crap, low libido/constant heartburn etc. I downloaded MFP on my phone right after the appointment, but didn't really use it until that december night, when just got tired of the way i felt and the pills i needed to take to keep it together. I learned alot along the way: I learned that yes, I could eat whatever i wanted and still lose weight (CICO), however I couldn't do so without feeling hungry all the time. I learned how gradual adjustments in protein/carb/fat intake kept me satiated and drew me closer to healthier eating habits without going cold turkey. I learned what an appropriate plate of food looks like. I learned that a tall glass of water goes along way to limiting my pantry raids (also just staying out of the pantry towards the end of the night!). Lastly, i learned how much the extra pounds had affected my health as i walked out of my last doctor visit 40 lbs lighter, off the blood pressure/heartburn meds (along with normal cholesterol/triglyceride levels) and positively shocked medical staff regarding the positive change. 7 months: 40lbs lighter, 117/73 blood pressure, blood work perfect, and feel so much better overall. I still do not restrict my diet (no paleo/keto/vegan or anything like that), but i do eat generally healthier than i did before and I recognize the difference between being hungry and being bored/stressed/thirsty.

Cliff Notes: MFP worked.

I am willing to help any one that is on their journey to a healthier life if i can. Not an expert but i would be happy to divulge what worked for me along the way.

For reference: I am 45 years old 5'10.5".

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!