Ahhh NUTS!

Options
sadielane
sadielane Posts: 83 Member
Does anyone have a source for inexpensive nuts? One that you’ve actually used, either on line or a store (I’m in North Phoenix). My hubby is doing low carbs and is eating a ton of nuts which is costing a bloody fortune! :mad:

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Replies

• jvkh127
    jvkh127 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Go to Costco or BJ's. Buy in bulk...might help a little.
  • editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    My breakfast for the past six months has been 50 grams of peanuts and coffee with a glass of milk, so I checked around all the markets and peanuts are the cheapest one and I love'm and lot's of proteins. Oh by the way I live in Albania, but I guess peanuts are the cheapest one from all the nuts. Hope it helped :-)

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • mandyintx
    mandyintx Posts: 3
    Options
    Amazon has a great selection and you can do the subscribe and save and get a percentage off. That is where I got my edamame.
  • sadielane
    Options
    Hmmm, that's an idea. Thanks!
  • Johnsweaver
    Johnsweaver Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm in the Gilbert area and have found Costco to be the least expensive for my roasted almonds. Trader Joe's is next and they have a large selection.
  • sadielane
    Options
    Bump
  • alicnc
    alicnc Posts: 9
    Options
    I like shopping for nuts at Sprouts where you can buy them by the pound and serve yourself. They have a lot of varieties and are pretty cheap.
  • mkleminski
    Options
    Sprouts tends to be good, or Costco. :) I'm going to Sprouts on Saturday morning probably, I will check out deals and then text ya. At 55th Ave and Bell
  • nmclaurin
    nmclaurin Posts: 43
    Options
    sunflower seeds are pretty cheap. Try Trader Joe's.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Tell him meat, veg and salads are low carb, don't eat so many nuts?

Plus peanuts aren't low carb or paleo, so don't get them.

Sometimes shopping for nuts in areas where they're aimed at the cooking and receipe market makes them a lot cheaper
  • sadielane
    Options
    Sprouts tends to be good, or Costco. :) I'm going to Sprouts on Saturday morning probably, I will check out deals and then text ya. At 55th Ave and Bell

You're awesome :love:
  • Teemo
    Teemo Posts: 338
    Options
    Does anyone have a source for inexpensive nuts? One that you’ve actually used, either on line or a store (I’m in North Phoenix). My hubby is doing low carbs and is eating a ton of nuts which is costing a bloody fortune! :mad:

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

How is he doing low carb while eating a ton of nuts? By weight and calories nuts are extremely carby...