What's a good workout to do from home?

Options
2»

Replies

• ThatLadyFromMN
    ThatLadyFromMN Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I have recently acquired the sciatica again :( so my main thing is stretching out my back first thing. I am old school though, sit ups with my feet under the couch, squats, push ups, and leg lifts with weights velcroed to my shoes. I am too embarrassed to go to the gym and work out around other people because of the way i walk.

I understand, sciatica is the WORST! Does your gym have a pool? I find that when it's bad that just kind of leisurely swimming is AMAZING!

Also, do NOT get embarrassed, you're there to get ish done! No one has any right to make you feel that way, and if they do then THEY should be the ones embarrassed. :)
  • ThatLadyFromMN
    Options

with how much weight??[/quote]

However much works for you, don't go too heavy at first, I'd recommend if you don't lift at all to start with 10 lb dumbells and even lighter for the cleans... form is SO important, so even if you're doing body weight that's ok, work on form first.
  • ThatLadyFromMN
    Options
    When I first started my little journey, I had a little at home so getting to the gym was kind of out of the question. I started with the latin Zumba and it was SO MUCH FUN! I lost my first 20 pounds on that, then another 10-15 doing P90X, and then walking at the same time. After I got down about 30-35 lbs I joined the gym and then started running.. now I'm almost 80 lbs down. :) Just be active, move, run in place. Lol. I kind of want to get one of those little trampolines and jump around while being lazy and watching Netflix.
  • SaraydaB
    SaraydaB Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Search for HAs Fit exercises on Youtube
  • Nikitazilla
    Nikitazilla Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Try this with Dumbbells .8 Romanian deadlifts. 8 deadlift high pulls. 8 squat cleans. Lunge press ups, 4 per leg. Repeat times 5. This was my workout today. Plus swim later .

with how much weight??

with how much weight??

However much works for you, don't go too heavy at first, I'd recommend if you don't lift at all to start with 10 lb dumbells and even lighter for the cleans... form is SO important, so even if you're doing body weight that's ok, work on form first.[/quote]

sorry about that, yes, whatever you are comfortable with. I use 10-15 lbs, I started out with 5.
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Skipping
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I go outside my front door and ride my bike...
  • zjpq
    zjpq Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I like to do different videos on youtube, also enjoy T25
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Great suggestions! Thanks!
  • Dr_Fishbowl
    Dr_Fishbowl Posts: 42 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    JMinney7 wrote: »
    I used to do Yoga Booty Ballet
    Next time anyone asks what I am doing when i'm doing yoga i'm simply going to reply "Booty Ballet!" from here on after.

In any case I'm a jogger. I wake up at 5:30 and hit the road for thirty minutes four days out of the week.

• InesFit4Health
    InesFit4Health Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have recently acquired the sciatica again :( so my main thing is stretching out my back first thing. I am old school though, sit ups with my feet under the couch, squats, push ups, and leg lifts with weights velcroed to my shoes. I am too embarrassed to go to the gym and work out around other people because of the way i walk.

I am sorry you are uncomfortable and in pain, that really sucks. As far as skipping the gym because what other people may think.. I doubt anyone cares, they are there to workout and not judge others. You go to the gym to do what you need to do. Everyone is there to better themselves and if you are there to exericse and better yourself no one should be judging you. Honestly if anyone does care and is looking at you funny, that's their own damn problem. I would think something is wrong with them. Please don't let the embarasment stop you from doing what you want to do.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    I like gymra and rebecca Louise on YouTube. My new favourite on YouTube is body project
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I just started Stepmania again (I was a DDR freak as a kid and remember it being tons of fun). It's freeware, though mats come in starting at $40. I'm not in bad shape by any means but Stepmania had me sweating buckets after 10 minutes on the "easy" setting.
  • JTlivez
    JTlivez Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    https://youtu.be/2ymyRJwFtV8
    The Yoga For Men workout is a great workout for women too. I love the series that he has on his YouTube channel!