Intermittent fasting

Options
I've been on here for a long time with some measure of successes and failures. I just tried 16/8 intermittent fasting and I lost over 4 lbs this week and felt like my cravings were much more manageable. If I feel like I want to eat something I just tell myself I can eat it at noon but by lunch time I usually just want to eat healthy. I'm super excited right now about this. Although when I first heard about it I thought it was a crazy idea until I did a little research.

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,020 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site.

I eat that way naturally - I have for most of my life. Good that you found something that helps.
  • bonniegarbal
    bonniegarbal Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    We all fast when we sleep. I don't see any issue with lengthening that window. I don't really get hungry in the morning so I use that instead of forcing breakfast on myself. I have a light and usually late breakfast.
  • sapsara
    sapsara Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hello, i've tried intermittent fast few days ago and i like it , but i have one problem.. i need a cup of coffee every morning and used to drink coffee with milk and some sugar :/ i couldn't drink black coffee it's terrible for me :s what should i do?
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    sapsara wrote: »
    hello, i've tried intermittent fast few days ago and i like it , but i have one problem.. i need a cup of coffee every morning and used to drink coffee with milk and some sugar :/ i couldn't drink black coffee it's terrible for me :s what should i do?

Calorie free creamer and Splenda.
  • KimJohnsonsmile
    KimJohnsonsmile Posts: 222 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I also started IF about 6 weeks ago. I'm loving the convenience of not packing a breakfast every day! I eat between Noon and 6pm normally. The only difference I've noticed is that my stomach is beautifully flat. LOL
    sapsara wrote: »

I used to use creamer also, but switched to Truvia. Tastes good to me.